Seizing the Means of Knowledge Production

Thread starter #2

ambush80

This is the original intent of the policy of "Affirmative Action":

The specific term dates back to Executive Order No. 10925 (John F. Kennedy, 1961), reiterated in Executive Order No. 11246 (Lyndon Johnson, 1965). These required employers to take ‘affirmative action’ to hire, promote, and otherwise treat their employees equally, “without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin” (gender was added to this list two years later).

Practitioners, lawyers and activists:
While academics in the social sciences and (especially) humanities are most frequently attributed with the rise of the concepts and approaches listed above – they may be getting way too much credit.
I disagree.

I knew I didn't want to read that........

I for one am tired of paying for the sins of my grandfathers/father.

All need to move on to the promotions of any man/woman/by-sexual on their merits not on gender, race, ....or anything else.

The white man is the most discriminated people in the work force today.

Just the facts

This is the original intent of the policy of "Affirmative Action":

The specific term dates back to Executive Order No. 10925 (John F. Kennedy, 1961), reiterated in Executive Order No. 11246 (Lyndon Johnson, 1965). These required employers to take ‘affirmative action’ to hire, promote, and otherwise treat their employees equally, “without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin” (gender was added to this list two years later).
It's just that the intent is not what we got.

It's just that the intent is not what we got.
A lot of legislature espouses noble principals ... most of which is a smoke screen to cover bull excrement these days.

Thread starter #8

ambush80

All need to move on to the promotions of any man/woman/by-sexual on their merits not on gender, race, ....or anything else.

Just the facts
It's good to be able to recognize in hindsight where movements came from and how they developed. Much of this madness had its origins in credible ideas.

Thread starter #9

ambush80

Just the facts
Just for the sake of conversation, what would you say to those who might argue that it's the white man's turn to be at the bottom of the totem pole?

"It's good to be able to recognize in hindsight where movements came from and how they developed. Much of this madness had its origins in credible ideas."

so says you

"I for one am tired of paying for the sins of my grandfathers/father.

The white man is the most discriminated people in the work force today. "

Reading and comprehension is not your strong suite

"Just for the sake of conversation, what would you say to those who might argue that it's the white man's turn to be at the bottom of the totem pole?"

I say they are racist, just as the accused today and in the 60's were only reverse racism.

but as long as there are people in this world who want a handout, be able to walk to the mailbox and get a check, want their goberment cheese....

I guess I will regress

You do realize we as tax payers are putting their children threw school. paying for their medical expenses, the whatnot and the such.

I am glad to work for a living. And I will continue to do so until retirement. I could have been a worthless piece of crap...

but my momma is still alive.

It's good to be able to recognize in hindsight where movements came from and how they developed. Much of this madness had its origins in credible ideas.
Exactly, now I belong to the victim hood of Deplorables. We got our own President out of the deal. YeeHaw!

Thread starter #16

ambush80

Exactly, now I belong to the victim hood of Deplorables. We got our own President out of the deal. YeeHaw!

Quite right (pun intended). I can't wait to see how this period of history is talked about 50 years from now. Looking back to the 80's and seeing the rise of Trump in the public consciousness to now will provide material for many, many books to be written.

Thread starter #17

ambush80

"It's good to be able to recognize in hindsight where movements came from and how they developed. Much of this madness had its origins in credible ideas."

so says you

"I for one am tired of paying for the sins of my grandfathers/father.

The white man is the most discriminated people in the work force today. "

Reading and comprehension is not your strong suite

"Just for the sake of conversation, what would you say to those who might argue that it's the white man's turn to be at the bottom of the totem pole?"

I say they are racist, just as the accused today and in the 60's were only reverse racism.

but as long as there are people in this world who want a handout, be able to walk to the mailbox and get a check, want their goberment cheese....

I guess I will regress

You do realize we as tax payers are putting their children threw school. paying for their medical expenses, the whatnot and the such.

I am glad to work for a living. And I will continue to do so until retirement. I could have been a worthless piece of crap...

but my momma is still alive.

Thanks for your insight.

Thread starter #18

ambush80

Maybe we should start electing politicians that have no intentions or maybe bad ones? It seems like it's the good intentions that always go awry.
I would be all about that. I'm longing for a nice, respectable individual.

Lilly001

Just for the sake of conversation, what would you say to those who might argue that it's the white man's turn to be at the bottom of the totem pole?
Why does it have to be anyone's turn?