Self-filmed WMA turkey hunt using a strutting decoy

Thanks everyone!! I posted another public land film from Joe Kurz wma on the deer hunting forum if your interested.:cool:

There is a bunch of talk about decoys on public land especially (gobbler decoys) so I thought I would bump this video of me doing just that a few years ago. I have killed turkeys off 3 local WMA's in the past and you do have to be very careful when using decoys but it can be done.(TIP) One of the main things I try and do on public land is I only hunt Monday,Tuesday, and Thursday, just because that knocks the competition with other hunters in half or more. Good luck!

slip

Retired Moderator
Very cool.:cool:
I agree that hunting weekdays on WMA's helps alot. There have been times where i thought i had the whole place to myself. Not so much on weekends.

Duff

Well done!:cheers:

qball594

That is a beautiful place you are at, been there a few times. I have a couple of uncles that lives right down the road from there on hendrix church road.

That is a beautiful place you are at, been there a few times. I have a couple of uncles that lives right down the road from there on hendrix church road.
Yes sir it is beautiful (God spent a little extra time on that place) You should hunt it if you get a chance. My mother and her family grew up on Turkey creek rd just around the bend from the bluff, so I've be running around on them hills all my life.