Selling wild hog meat

Have you got the idea yet that I didn't know about the Asian pig market in Atlanta before lunch and all of the sudden I am on top of it.

tip.... don't but a BBQ sandwich from anywhere around Atlanta from an Asian run store.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
well go to the sale in Reynolds on the first and third Tuesday and watch the pig sale for yourself. And the Dept of Agriculture will be present.

It's there my friend, and the hogs the Atlanta "new natives" are buying are selling for over $2 a pound in their markets, just above the market price for Hardtails (blue runners) and cigar minnows.

That has been legal up until now, the new rules went into effect January 1st.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
At what point do they get tested for Brucellosis,pseudo rabies,etc,etc.?
They have to be quarantined and tested before they can mix them with any other pigs. They don't have to test if going directly to slaughter.

nobody showed up for the pig sale at Reynolds, too bad.

I asked the sale barn if they can sell wild hogs his quote "I don't know wild pigs from tame ones"

This law will get a lot accomplished, NOT

by the way, Dept of Ag was present, they always are

RootConservative

Sorry to hijack the tread a little but if you are trapping large quantities of hog like we do in South Dodge, Telfair and Wilcox near the Ocmulgee River and don't want to eat every hog you can speak with your local DNR and find out who has a high fence hog property in the area and the licences required to transport them from your property to their property. I spoke to my local DNR and he put me in touch with someone locally. Just another option.