***September Severe Weather***

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Since this wave just coming off of the African coast will be our next storm to watch and it will be about 15 days from now to landfall, if it does as predicted, I'm puttin this one in Septembers thread.

Here's a .gif of the projected storm and bad news for N.O. if this actually happens. But we all know 15 days is way too far out for this to be reliable. Either way it looks like it has the opportunity to be a major storm.

18Z-20160828_GFSAO_500_spd.gif

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
A little info for those that think vacationing midway down the Ga/SC line will be safe. Also some NHC prototype storm surge info for those that will be effected in Florida.

213134WPCQPF_sm.gif

Attachments

• strmsrg.png
    strmsrg.png
    771.4 KB · Views: 1,275
  • strmsrgpot.png
    strmsrgpot.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 1,207

Jim Baker

Staff member
Report from 50 miles NE of Tallahasse at 7:45 am. 4.5 inches of rain since 7 pm 9/1/16. Wind is still gusting, estimate about 30-35 mph. Several large limbs down out of pines. 4" to 5" diameter. Still getting a steady rain but no down pours. No power outage.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Who's ready for fall?
Well, looks like you'll have to wait a week or so. Gonna be hot this week.

Here's the forecast from the Weather Junkie web page and the maps that go along with it.

Weather Junkie said:
Good Labor Day Morning Weather Junkies.

I hope everyone is enjoying this cool morning air.

Don't get used to it. Summer is about to make one last stand and then fall exerts it's muscles to usher in the weather we all love.

Expect daytime temps in the high 90's in N. Ga to bumping the 100's in SOWEGA. Night temps will not be pleasant either. Just as I promised a week or so ago though, by mid September Fall weather would be sneaking in for good. So if you can endure 10 or so more days of heat the reward will be on it's way.

Here's the gfs from pivotol weather's site showing that Canadian air coming in around the 20th to usher in Autumn in grand fashion. Night time temps hitting the 50's and daytime temps in the 70's.

Who's ready??? I know I am!!

Attachments

• autumn.png
    autumn.png
    737.3 KB · Views: 1,119
  • autumn2.png
    autumn2.png
    757.1 KB · Views: 1,152
  • autumn3.png
    autumn3.png
    722.8 KB · Views: 1,198

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I reckon it's gonna be a tad windy and wet down in SE Ga for a day or two. What they're not showing is the tidal effect. Friday and Saturday are 9 to 10 foot tides in Savannah, with the wind blowing steady onshore I'm not sure what that will mean. Flood stage is 11 ft. Warnings are out in local areas down that way.

084726.gif

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I'm seriously hoping this one turns north back into the Atlantic. I'm ready for fall temps to get here and stay here.

CtPQXqxVUAUGwoS.jpg

It's not in my opinion. This one is going to Mexico or Texas. The cold front and HPS's are going to push this thing South and West.

Just my .02