SGI Update

Rabun

Got a house in the plantation down by the cut rented for the week of June 9th. Finally talked the family into going early June instead of late July before it gets to hot. Was planning on fishing the cut mostly but the hurricane appears to have washed a section of beach out that goes to the big boulders(rip/rap) looking at it on Google Earth. Can't win for losing.
The trough that was cut around the jetty just may be a good flounder hole and early morning trout magnet. And if y'all have kayaks there is a boat that was deposited on the west side of the west jetty just off the beach that should attract some fish. You can see that with google. Not to mention snapper season opens 6/11. I'll be on the cape the same week. Hoping for calm weather

Thread starter #22
Got a house in the plantation down by the cut rented for the week of June 9th. Finally talked the family into going early June instead of late July before it gets to hot. Was planning on fishing the cut mostly but the hurricane appears to have washed a section of beach out that goes to the big boulders(rip/rap) looking at it on Google Earth. Can't win for losing.

When we drifted the cut the captain said the water was 20 ft above the rocks and cut a channel in the beach during the hurricane. It looked back to normal and people were fishing the rocks and beach in the area.

Bubba_1122

BTW, I was at SGI last weekend. Also fished the post-Michael cut a couple of weeks after the hurricane.

Last weekend it appeared to me that the washout on the Plantation side is filling back in fast.