Shane Watson may be running discounted trips

Spook

"People in certain situations don't care about tomorrow, They are only worried about today. I've seen it too many times, unfortunately".

I would like to know their thinking. Wondering if he still wears his religion on his sleeve. Mark

Last edited:

jocko755

My guess is that someone like this has demons (Vice) probably addictions to drugs or gambling. Maybe the money was likely taken to Wind Creek and foolishly gambled. I doubt they will recover much restitution for the victims. Seems his guide business was not making him enough to support his needs - so he hatched this bone head scheme. Perhaps the first was intended to be true deal, but when he discovered how easy he could get fools to part with their money, it grew.

Depending on his criminal history, I doubt he will do any serious time. State charges not federal - but sounds like he has multiple warrants in several other jurisdictions. Just a felony charge and restitution, my guess. Might have some assets seized. Not a violent crime. I'm sure they will argue for it to be civil (breach of contract) vs criminal, but it's criminal fraud.

Wasn't like he was hiding or on the run. Used his real identity. Not smart. Kind of a rookie at this kind of criminal activity. Usually only the dumb ones get caught.

Last edited:

BOBSCAY

My guess is that someone like this has demons (Vice) probably addictions to drugs or gambling. Maybe the money was likely taken to Wind Creek and foolishly gambled. I doubt they will recover much restitution for the victims. Seems his guide business was not making him enough to support his needs - so he hatched this bone head scheme. Perhaps the first was intended to be true deal, but when he discovered how easy he could get fools to part with their money, it grew.

Depending on his criminal history, I doubt he will do any serious time. State charges not federal - but sounds like he has multiple warrants in several other jurisdictions. Just a felony charge and restitution, my guess. Might have some assets seized. Not a violent crime. I'm sure they will argue for it to be civil (breach of contract) vs criminal, but it's criminal fraud.

Wasn't like he was hiding or on the run. Used his real identity. Not smart. Kind of a rookie at this kind of criminal activity. Usually only the dumb ones get caught.

Maybe he should change his identity now to Scam Watson?

Worley

Mr. Watson needs to do the right thing, and repay the debt he owes. However it seems we are quick to “kick” when people do stupid things, downright wrong things. However a wise man once said, “let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.” Im gonna keep my hands in my pocket and my mouth shut, b/c even the things done in secret No One knows about are open to judgment before God. To be frank and honest we are all guilty before God - liars, full of lust, adultery, thieves and downright evil to the core. If we have the offer of forgiveness from God, we should lend the same to fellow man. 1 John 1:9, 1 John 3:4, John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:25, Romans 5:8.....God be with all parties involved and may justice and grace prevail.

The mtn man

Mr. Watson needs to do the right thing, and repay the debt he owes. However it seems we are quick to “kick” when people do stupid things, downright wrong things. However a wise man once said, “let he who is without Sin cast the first stone.” Im gonna keep my hands in my pocket and my mouth shut, b/c even the things done in secret No One knows about are open to judgment before God. To be frank and honest we are all guilty before God - liars, full of lust, adultery, thieves and downright evil to the core. If we have the offer of forgiveness from God, we should lend the same to fellow man. 1 John 1:9, 1 John 3:4, John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:25, Romans 5:8.....God be with all parties involved and may justice and grace prevail.
I agree somewhat with this. If he took my money I would be angry, but let's be honest, who in their right mind would have agreed to his pitch? He has obviously did some extremely unethical things, but I threw my bucket of casting stones away a long time ago. I believe in letting justice be served by him paying his debt to society and the ones that were apparently cheated, but I'll just keep my hands in my pockets too. Nothing wrong with making public what was done, but personal attacks are not my thing either.

The mtn man

Easy to be understanding when it’s not your money, send his sorry but to prison.
I agree, the debt has to be paid one way or another, I was just referring to personal attacks. From what I have read it seems his idea was legit at first, he must have gotten greedy then over his head.

Tmpr111

Rarely watch WSB-TV but saw an
article tonight that said apparently the scams even involved monies for a kids charity, as well as the owner of Hammonds was duped. What an unfortunate ordeal.

Rabun

I think his wife was spearheading that scam. They'll both be going "up the river". Really pitiful when you are scamming people in the name of needy children. Really curious what turned him to the dark side. Maybe just simple greed...been the cause of many a downfall.

Millberry

Well, I guess he got some folks "Hook, line and sinker"

Big Foot

Inmate ID#: 133842 Aiken County Jail

SHANE Aiken.jpg