Sharing some success pics with my AAA buddies

Thread starter #1
Im out in Wisconsin now but wanted to share the pics of two gobblers that I was fortunate enough to take.
My buddy and I arrived Tuesday night and each had two tags.
Late Tuesday morning I had a very nice gobbler come in and I was fortunate enough to kill him with my .410 and 13/16oz of Tungsten #9.5 shot.
He was the heaviest bird that I have killed at 22.5lbs.
Beard was 10.25"
Spurs 1-1/6" and 1"

Attachments

Thread starter #2
The second morning happened quickly. I had at least 3 mature gobblers sounding off along with multiple Jakes.
This guy came in at 5:55am.
I used my 20ga on him.
1-7/16oz of T9
A shade over 21lbs
Beard 10-3/16" Super thick
Each spur was 1-3/16"

Attachments

Two fine birds! :cheers:

Thread starter #13
The deer hunting there is fantastic. I am invited to hunt it in November but it has been just too busy for me to do it.
My buddies kill tremendously nice buck each year.

Attachments

Congrats! Hey...I'll go deer hunting in your place! :)

Israel

I am jealous.
Don't get me wrong...I am enthralled with my bit of acreage and doublewide (I still call it my cabin in the woods)...here in Georgia.

But...cold water lakes...icy streams...(and I have heard the spring walleye run in Wisconsin is phenomenal)...are just not how it is near Savannah. Those look like magnificent birds and I am pretty convinced they didn't get that big being stupid.
Must have some calling skills in addition to shooting skills.

Thread starter #17
I am jealous.
Don't get me wrong...I am enthralled with my bit of acreage and doublewide (I still call it my cabin in the woods)...here in Georgia.

But...cold water lakes...icy streams...(and I have heard the spring walleye run in Wisconsin is phenomenal)...are just not how it is near Savannah. Those look like magnificent birds and I am pretty convinced they didn't get that big being stupid.
Must have some calling skills in addition to shooting skills.
I have no doubt your property is a true parcel of heaven.

We frequent a restaurant along Lake Onalaska/Mississippi River called the Red Pine. They are known for their Walleye meals and sandwiches.
One trip I would love to take the time to fish for some Walleye.

I've heard that a novice on the right bird will humble a veteran on the wrong bird every time, but I have been fortunate enough to be able to do well the last dozen years or so. I think with age comes patience and that no doubt helps tremendously.

Here is a shot from the cabin that overlooks the town, beyond the town is the Mississippi River, and the ridge beyond that is Minnesota.
If I forgot my gun and shells I could be very happy just sitting on that porch.

Attachments

I didn’t realize you were in PA. What part? I have a good friend just south of Erie that keeps inviting me up there.

Israel