Shark fishing

shaftslinger24

Sharks are fairly easy to catch in that area. You could rent a boat, if you don't have one & wear them out. Toss out a chum bag & a hunk of fresh ladyfish & hold on!

Ihunt

Like said, usually they are fairly easy to catch. My buddies love giving me a hard time but I love catching sharks. Easy to catch, put up a great fight, and certain ones are quiet tasty.

Don’t know if it’s for you or your children but I suggest booking a trip around the south end of Jekyll and going behind the shrimp boats. When I say nonstop I mean literally nonstop.

Most of the sharks will be blacktips and they are a blast to catch. The larger ones will blast out of the water like a tarpon. They are also arguably the best eating shark.

Blackston

Like said, usually they are fairly easy to catch. My buddies love giving me a hard time but I love catching sharks. Easy to catch, put up a great fight, and certain ones are quiet tasty.

Don’t know if it’s for you or your children but I suggest booking a trip around the south end of Jekyll and going behind the shrimp boats. When I say nonstop I mean literally nonstop.

Most of the sharks will be blacktips and they are a blast to catch. The larger ones will blast out of the water like a tarpon. They are also arguably the best eating shark.
I am familiar with shark fishing and have caught a lot anchored bottom fishing What’s the tactic behind the trawlers ?

Ihunt

First. Dont get too close and snag their nets. Obvious I know but figured I’d throw it out there.

Basically, just find one that has birds and the sharks are there. Just toss out a pogie, piece of stingray, etc and hold on.

Blackston

Anchor or no anchor ?

Blackston

Some of my fondest memories are catchin sharks off the back of daddy’s shrimp boat I’ve always fished anchored I was just wondering if y’all tactic involved drifting? Or anchoring? But I do know since the implementation of turtle excluders and fish eyes the shark population has exploded!!

Ihunt

No sir on the anchor. Just find a boat with birds diving. Pull in behind the shrimp boat and pitch a bait out. At times, you can be picky and toss it to the shark you want. I try and drop larger baits down to get past the smaller ones but they usually just tag team my larger bait.