She Picks Squirrel Hunting Every Time

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
It's hard to beat squirrel hunting for action and success rate, both of which are important for a youngster.

45707779325_73b948f256_b.jpg

GreenPig

Very nice. But as much as I dislike wearing orange while squirrel hunting, I'd have to put a orange hat on those young hunters. A 17 year was just killed by a 32 year old. Both were hunting on somebody else's land without permission.

wvdawg

Staff member
A treat to just be out there with them - no matter the hunt!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Too cute! She'll never forget these times out there with you.

Y'all have fun and be safe out there, brother!

Big7

The Oracle
Squirrels and rabbits are hard to beat for getting to know their way around the woods.

Hope they stick with it. It lasts a lifetime.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

What a great way to raise your kids Brad Gill.?

Hat's off to northgeorgiasportsman too. That little smile while holding that squirrel IS PRICELESS !!! ?

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Squirrels and rabbits are hard to beat for getting to know their way around the woods.

Hope they stick with it. It lasts a lifetime.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

What a great way to raise your kids Brad Gill.?

Hat's off to northgeorgiasportsman too. That little smile while holding that squirrel IS PRICELESS !!! ?
It's what I do. Mine haven't been deer hunting. Squirrels (woodsmanship) instead. They have more fun that way.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's a shame that more people don't start their kids out small game hunting, but go straight to deer. Those kids have a lot of fun hunting small game, and learn a lot about the woods and hunting in general without all the seriousness and rules and endless sitting being still and quiet. I think it makes more well-rounded outdoorsmen and women. And a few plates of fried squirrel, cathead biscuits and gravy will make any of us more well-rounded. :)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think it's a shame that more people don't start their kids out small game hunting, but go straight to deer. Those kids have a lot of fun hunting small game, and learn a lot about the woods and hunting in general without all the seriousness and rules and endless sitting being still and quiet. I think it makes more well-rounded outdoorsmen and women. And a few plates of fried squirrel, cathead biscuits and gravy will make any of us more well-rounded. :)

Yes and I have seen fathers start kids out on Bass fishing. Bass fishing can be very boring to a small kid.