Shingles Vaccine Advice !!

rayjay

Get it in the shoulder you don't sleep on the most. If you mostly sleep on the left side like me don't get the shot in the left shoulder !!! I got mine on Monday and WOW !!! Left shoulder is very sensitive to pressure.

georgia357

Did you get the new vaccine or old one?

rayjay

I got the new one. It's call shingrix iirc.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never got one. I heard that if you never had Chicken Pox you would not get shingles. I am 72 and have never had Chicken Pox.

Lukikus2

Never got one. I heard that if you never had Chicken Pox you would not get shingles. I am 72 and have never had Chicken Pox.

Correct. And they say stress causes the shingles. I'll just not get stressed about it.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I gotz da Shangles a few years ago, OUCH !! Dang sheet on the bed hurt !!! Some BAAAAAAAAAAAD stuff right there.

Oldstick

I can't prove anything, but I had the shingles vaccine in the fall of 2015. Early summer of 2016 I had a breakout of some sort of rash that looked like very large insect bites of some sort. All on the left side from my left armpit area down to my left belt line area. Nothing anywhere else on my body. Doc said it didn't look like shingles and thought is was inflamed pores. Gave me antibiotics but it took weeks and months to clear up leaving red scars. I don't think the antibiotics helped anything personally. Then it happened again around the same time in 2017 but fewer bumps this time. Nothing in 2018 thankfully, but you can still see the reddish areas.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Correct. And they say stress causes the shingles. I'll just not get stressed about it.

KyDawg, I THINK THAT YOU CAN THROW THAT THOUGHT OUT OF THE WINDOW BECAUSE I never had chicken pox before BUT I DID get shingles back about 15 years ago and even though, it was caught really early, it still was a royal pain as a result with it. MY doctor advised me that in my case, it was probably stress related as back then my wife was probably in the hospital about 30-40 percent of the time due to heart and diabetic related illnesses. Mine started on the top of my thigh area on my left leg and then traveled up across my stomach area. It felt like someone poured gasoline on my leg and lit a match to it because it felt like I was on fire during that time.

Thankfully, it never got onto my face and in my eyes as that could have been a disaster. It lasted about a month and I couldn't get comfortable no matter what position I tried to get into. :banginghe:banginghe

JUST THIS MORNING, during my 6-month check-up visit, my Primary Care Doctor advised me AGAIN to get the "new type" shingles shot asap because the shingles virus can get even a lot worse as you get older and you can get it multiple times too !!! I know that the cost is not real cheap when getting this "shingles shot". She advised that it would be well worth the money to get one and NOT get the shingles virus etc.