Shore lunch

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Me too. I like to eat all sorts of fish, but it's really hard to beat walleye and yaller perch.
I have to agree with your evaluation of yaller perch,take your word for it on walleye never had one. Think I remember a sauger years and years ago.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have to agree with your evaluation of yaller perch,take your word for it on walleye never had one. Think I remember a sauger years and years ago.
Sauger are excellent, too.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Well, sort of...

You usually don't catch walleye unless you're specifically targeting them, but I hooked a good one Sunday afternoon while bass fishing.

View attachment 1091919

Nearly 4 pounds of walleye.

View attachment 1091920

After filleting it up, it put me in mind of a shore lunch I had many years ago on a lake in Canada. Pan fried walleye filets on a toasted bun with fried taters. So I got busy recreating it.

I got the taters browning perfectly.

View attachment 1091923
Then I got the fish frying in olive oil and butter and Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning.
View attachment 1091921

It came out perfect.

View attachment 1091924

Using what was in the pantry, my fish sandwich was on a thin bagel. A little parmesan sprinkled on the taters rounded out the dish.

It was every bit as good as that shore lunch that's been floating around in my memory for the last thirty years.

View attachment 1091925

Sounds and looks amazing. Ain’t figured out how to catch them on BR yet.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I was ripping a flutter spoon in 24ft of water when this guy slammed it on the fall. I've never really targeted them here, but this meal has me thinking pretty hard on the matter.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Everyone's tastes differ, but I'd have to argue about spots being better than walleye.
You'll have to stand in line!

Cause if I had it MY WAY there wouldn't be a Spot in ANY LAKE!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Sounds and looks amazing. Ain’t figured out how to catch them on BR yet.
February is your best bet up the River.

And on full moons. You can spot light them while riding around at night and cast to them.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was ripping a flutter spoon in 24ft of water when this guy slammed it on the fall. I've never really targeted them here, but this meal has me thinking pretty hard on the matter.
If you want to target some, hit me up and meet me at Fontana one night. I used to limit out for two people about every night I fished it back a few years ago.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We got'em up here, I have specifically targeted them, but apparently they are a different animal than I am used to. i finally caught one and I knew it would be a bycatch when it happened. Are they the best,,, NO. I've had 10" spotted bass that would blow them away. Yankkee's wish they had Spot's!!!

you are outside of yo' mind!