Short Barreled Lever Actions

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I like the looks of that. Just how is the 45/70 to shoot? Bearable or pleasant?
:rofl:bearable!
if we put that cartridge in my 300 Weatherby accumark, it probably wouldn't kick as much as the 300. But in that little wood and steel lever action, it is a hammer!

Thread starter #22
Luckily I reload. I can gentle it down to be softer shooting and still smacking with a 405gr bullet.

I am not into heavy recoil just to be tough:ROFLMAO:

MCBUCK

The Marlin 30TK is a sleeper. 18" barrel 30-30 sold exclusively through K-mart. I had mine rebored to .375 winchester.

SAWEET!!!!

Thread starter #27
I bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought a 1895GBL in 45-70. I picked it up today at my FFL for just under $550 OTD.
Fit and finish is pretty good but not the quality of the 1936 Marlin my dad hunted with.
I have some 405GR RNFP Coated bullets and some IMR3031. I am going to get a load good enough to kill a deer or pig but not send me to the chiropractor!

Attachments

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I bit the bullet, so to speak, and bought a 1895GBL in 45-70. I picked it up today at my FFL for just under $550 OTD.
Fit and finish is pretty good but not the quality of the 1936 Marlin my dad hunted with.
I have some 405GR RNFP Coated bullets and some IMR3031. I am going to get a load good enough to kill a deer or pig but not send me to the chiropractor!
Hey, that's my gun!
You got a good price for yours. I paid about 10% more for mine.
I don't like the sights (but better with the front hood off), so I put this little holosun on with the 2 MOA Green Dot. Now I'm super confident in it hitting where it points, but it has a rainbow after 150 yards. It also ruins my cheek weld to the stock because I have to raise my head up too high to see through the sight.
I think I'll probably order these peep sights in order to get my cheek weld back.
http://www.rangerpointstore.com/clo...LCuq24OZZH3djNwbC4EuVNG7syzXyyykaAvpLEALw_wcB
I'm going to go ahead and hunt with the Winchester 300 grain hollow points. I've got all my reloading equipment together to load the Hornady FTX, I just don't have the time to load (never mind test) before the hunt. IMG_20180918_200543.jpg