shotgun found on wma *Update* found owner thanks to this forumn

Thread starter #25
LOL KMCKIMMIE, it was a black 870 found along one of the main roads at pine log WMA now that I can "Divulge" that info. All we can ever hope for is the same thing happens to us if it happens.

Thank you @ jimehrensperger. I owe you one buddy! This is something that doesn't happen every day. I am the guy who left it laying against the truck. I am really thankful and Jim is a really nice guy to do what he did. Great way to meet a nice guy as well.

I'm glad it worked out. I know the owner is very much appreciative to the OP. I'm glad there are honest folks still out there like you. I have to say I had a good feeling when I saw this post earlier that things were gonna work out.:fine:

Thread starter #30
I'm glad it worked out. I know the owner is very much appreciative to the OP. I'm glad there are honest folks still out there like you. I have to say I had a good feeling when I saw this post earlier that things were gonna work out.:fine:
Glad it worked out as well, and am shocked that I didn't get that "why didn't you just leave it where it was" responses that you see from time to time

Klondike

I hate to say it but this is the type of dumb thing I would do. Glad there is a chance it could find its way back to me.

I have never in my 7 years of hunting there seen the "Check Station" being manned by somebody except for when the warden is there for quota hunts. I have left a message with one warden whos number I have to pass on the info.
Sounds like pinelog! If you happen to really need something you can forget about going there

Thread starter #38
Sounds like pinelog! If you happen to really need something you can forget about going there
You are correct David, the only time I see someone at the check station is during those quota hunts. I have seen the warden out there a few times and he has always been very friendly. I'm glad that Tony is able to get his shotgun back and I know he was excited.

Good deal. I once left a new Howard Hill longbow beside my jeep at Fort stewart. Drove home and was unloading me gear when I realized what had happened. Glad a humvee did`nt make a turn around there. RC