shotgun found on wma *Update* found owner thanks to this forumn

jimehrensperger

LOL KMCKIMMIE, it was a black 870 found along one of the main roads at pine log WMA now that I can "Divulge" that info. All we can ever hope for is the same thing happens to us if it happens.

T-N-T

That's so cool!

boudr2525

Thank you @ jimehrensperger. I owe you one buddy! This is something that doesn't happen every day. I am the guy who left it laying against the truck. I am really thankful and Jim is a really nice guy to do what he did. Great way to meet a nice guy as well.

TurkeyDreamer

I'm glad it worked out. I know the owner is very much appreciative to the OP. I'm glad there are honest folks still out there like you. I have to say I had a good feeling when I saw this post earlier that things were gonna work out.:fine:

jimehrensperger

I'm glad it worked out. I know the owner is very much appreciative to the OP. I'm glad there are honest folks still out there like you. I have to say I had a good feeling when I saw this post earlier that things were gonna work out.:fine:

Glad it worked out as well, and am shocked that I didn't get that "why didn't you just leave it where it was" responses that you see from time to time

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Good job. Stuff like this drew me to Woody's in the first place. Good members continue to make this site what it is.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good deal , u must of been in a hurry to show someone a big gobbler !!!

Klondike

I hate to say it but this is the type of dumb thing I would do. Glad there is a chance it could find its way back to me.

I have never in my 7 years of hunting there seen the "Check Station" being manned by somebody except for when the warden is there for quota hunts. I have left a message with one warden whos number I have to pass on the info.
Sounds like pinelog! If you happen to really need something you can forget about going there

jimehrensperger

Sounds like pinelog! If you happen to really need something you can forget about going there

You are correct David, the only time I see someone at the check station is during those quota hunts. I have seen the warden out there a few times and he has always been very friendly. I'm glad that Tony is able to get his shotgun back and I know he was excited.

robert carter

Good deal. I once left a new Howard Hill longbow beside my jeep at Fort stewart. Drove home and was unloading me gear when I realized what had happened. Glad a humvee did`nt make a turn around there. RC