Shotgun scope opinion........

Buckbuster

What is the difference between a shotgun scope and a rifle scope? This is for a rifled barrel shotgun.

Ga-Spur

I don't know . I had to buy a special built scope to go on an RWS air gun also.

GAR

Shotgun scope

Most of the time it is strictly eye relief. Depends how the shotgun is set up for scope mounting. Parallax adjustment is another thing.

Remember one thing. Rifled slugs are just as finicky as normal bullets fired out of rifles. Each weapon prefers one over another. The same goes for the sabot rounds.

GAR

Buzz

Buckbuster said:
What is the difference between a shotgun scope and a rifle scope? This is for a rifled barrel shotgun.

Parrallax adjustment is set closer and they often have heavier duplex reticles.

BACK STRAP

Slug Scopes

I just bought a H&R ULTRA SLUG HUNTER and I put a 4 power nikon scope on a set of z rings. I am shooting the 3" lightfield slugs. At 50 yds I am 2" high at 100 yds I am 1" high and at 150 yds I am 3" low. Check out www.lightfieldslugs.com play the video.

Dough

Paralax

Shotguns scopes are set for paralax free viewing at 75 yds, rifle scopes are set for 150 - at least in the Leupolds.

I have a shotgun scope, RF Special (set for 50 yds I believe), and several rifle (not enough, but one for each rifle - I guess I need to acquire more rifles so Ican get more scopes?).

Except for clear days target shooting, I can't tell the difference between any of them, but I still have great eyes, it's my ears that are going. (What did you say???)

Clint-06

I'm no expert on scopes, but the explanation is fairly simple: If you are looking thru the scope at a target 200 yards away, and the Parallax setting is on 50 yds, when you move your head (as you are looking thru the scope) your point of impact will change. The reverse is also true, if you are using a normal rifle scope on a shotgun (or rimfire) and the Parallax is set at 150 yards, then when you shoot at 50 yards any difference in how you look through the scope will make the point of impact change.

Of course at 50 yards with a 12 gauge slug, I really doubt you would ever be able to tell.

Ok, maybe not so simple to explain! LOL

Clint-06