Should convicted felons be able to vote

Should convicted felons be able to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Throwback

Discuss if a felony conviction should negate ones ability to vote

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
IF YOU ARE CONVICTED YOU LOSE YOUR RIGHTS BECAUSE YOU ARE IN JAIL!
THEIR HAS TO BE REPRECUSSIONS FOR COMMITING A FELONY!

Thread starter #6

Throwback

IF YOU ARE CONVICTED YOU LOSE YOUR RIGHTS BECAUSE YOU ARE IN JAIL!
THEIR HAS TO BE REPRECUSSIONS FOR COMMITING A FELONY!

ACtually one still has rights in jail and prison

PappyHoel

sure, why not, who cares, illegals get to vote

Thread starter #10

Throwback

Where in the constitution does it say being convicted of a felony means you "lose" rights?

turkeykirk

Probably a lot of “felons” voting now.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Where in the constitution does it say being convicted of a felony means you "lose" rights?
YOU ASKED FOR A POLL AND A OPINION IF YOU DON’T LIKE OPINIONS DON’T ASK FOR THEM! YOU DID NOT ASK WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT FELONS VOTING IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU ASKED WHAT WE THOUGHT ABOUT A CERTAIN SUBJECT!
I STATED WHAT I BELIEVE AND WHY I BELIEVED IT IF YOU DON’T AGREE I UNDERSTAND!
I JUST GAVE YOU MY OPINION.

ryanh487

I have yet to find an exception clause in the bill of rights for felons, for ANY rights. Let them vote, there's plenty of folks voting already that just haven't been caught yet. Why should they get to vote when the only difference is the ones in prison happened to get caught already? Or have worse lawyers?

Our political offices are full of law breakers so why not allow the votes? They walk on our constitution all day, every day.

Thread starter #16

Throwback

YOU ASKED FOR A POLL AND A OPINION IF YOU DON’T LIKE OPINIONS DON’T ASK FOR THEM! YOU DID NOT ASK WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT FELONS VOTING IN THE CONSTITUTION YOU ASKED WHAT WE THOUGHT ABOUT A CERTAIN SUBJECT!
I STATED WHAT I BELIEVE AND WHY I BELIEVED IT IF YOU DON’T AGREE I UNDERSTAND!
I JUST GAVE YOU MY OPINION.
And I'm asking you more questions about why you feel that Way why won't you answer ?

transfixer

IF THEY ARE IN JAIL - NO!
IF THEY HAVE SERVED THEIR TIME AND PAID FOR THEIR CRIMES - YES!
I agree with this ,,, unless their conviction is because of something they did in an elected office, such as take bribes, embezzle or whatever else they might have done in office that landed them in jail ! then I don't think they should be able to vote either.