Should convicted felons be able to vote

Should convicted felons be able to vote?

• Yes

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 67.5%

• Total voters
I'm not for stripping disabled veterans of their right to vote. Keep it simple-everybody over 18 gets a vote.
Not talking about them or old folks in general who worked all their lives and paid into the system for SS and Medicare. That's not government assistance, that's their just desserts that we owe them and they already earned. I'm talking about the professional parasites who have mostly never worked a day in their lives, never done a thing to help out their country or fellow man, or paid a cent of taxes; but their vote counts the same as those who have.

Not talking about them or old folks in general who worked all their lives and paid into the system for SS and Medicare. That's not government assistance, that's their just desserts that we owe them and they already earned. I'm talking about the professional parasites who have mostly never worked a day in their lives, never done a thing to help out their country or fellow man, or paid a cent of taxes; but their vote counts the same as those who have.
I didn't figure that's what you meant but I still believe in keeping it simple, determining who's qualified just creates more bureaucracy.

I didn't figure that's what you meant but I still believe in keeping it simple, determining who's qualified just creates more bureaucracy.
They used to require a poll tax. I think that was a good idea.

There oughta be a test.
That would be a good one. If you don't know some history of our country, and can't comprehend the basic operations of our government, and the ideas laid out in our Constitution, then I would agree that you don't have any business voting.

In 2016, I went to vote at my polling place. There was a guy in there with his adult son who was obviously very mentally deficient, standing there telling him who to vote for. I don't agree with that.

PopPop

Open voting by unqualified voters has created more bureaucracy than any qualification parameters could ever do.

baddave

i don't think they should because they'll probably vote democrat .. nah -just kiddin. i've actually been asking myself this all day and i can't honestly think why not legally.
other than most aren't worth the time it'd take to collect it , gotta be honest.. i just wish it were like rack said

Spotlite

Why differentiate between the two?
You have to take something away for punishment. I’m ok giving it back to them after they’ve paid their debt to society. Until then, they’re prisoners.

But, I’d also be ok if they let them vote while in prison. But I don’t know how you deter folks from crime if it doesn’t cost them something.

4HAND

Apparently the majority in Fl thinks convicted felons should vote. That ammendment passed.

Don't know why it was needed, there was already a process in place to have a felon's voting rights restored if he/she is serious about it.

I will say that I think many many more felons will vote democrat than Republican.

One other thing I will mention is in most cases, when someone is FINALLY convicted of a felony, it is after previously committing other felonies, sometimes over a period of years. It is so common in our Justice system for serious crimes to be plead down to misdemeanors.

I am with NCHB on this. No net taxes paid, you don't vote.

If you pay local taxes, you vote in the local races.

Paid state taxes, you vote in state races

Paid Fed Taxes, you vote in federal elections.

and I think the voting age should be raised also. 30 years old.

I am with NCHB on this. No net taxes paid, you don't vote.

If you pay local taxes, you vote in the local races.

Paid state taxes, you vote in state races

Paid Fed Taxes, you vote in federal elections.

and I think the voting age should be raised also. 30 years old.
Well, there is a Constitutional Amendment that sets the voting age at 18 so that part poses a problem.

As far as the other requirements, they would grant virtually everybody over 18 the right to vote. Local and state sales taxes are paid by anyone making a purchase, property taxes would count too. And anyone who drives pays Federal and state gas tax every time they fill up. That's not even getting into all of the taxes paid on utilities.

Well, there is a Constitutional Amendment that sets the voting age at 18 so that part poses a problem.

As far as the other requirements, they would grant virtually everybody over 18 the right to vote. Local and state sales taxes are paid by anyone making a purchase, property taxes would count too. And anyone who drives pays Federal and state gas tax every time they fill up. That's not even getting into all of the taxes paid on utilities.
yeah... buy a pack of gum, then go vote.

We are talking either property tax, or income tax here.

I wouldn't have an issue with only limiting it property owners who pay property tax.

and BTW, we have a constitutional amendment that says I can own a gun, but there are limits placed on that right. If they can limit one, why can't they limit another one?

yeah... buy a pack of gum, then go vote.

We are talking either property tax, or income tax here.

I wouldn't have an issue with only limiting it property owners who pay property tax.

and BTW, we have a constitutional amendment that says I can own a gun, but there are limits placed on that right. If they can limit one, why can't they limit another one?
You see what kind of mess it gets into when you get started? Who gets to say which taxes count? Why only income or property tax and not the others?

And you kinda make my point with the 2nd Amendment. It was pretty simple and straightforward until they started messing with it.

This thread needs a soundtrack.

And the band played on...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>