Sig P365

champ

The MIM strikers are failing by breaking off at the 'business end'. We're working on a resolve for it now.

wareagle700

Are you with Lightning Strike?

frankwright

I got mine at Academy in Mcdonough a couple of weeks ago. It was $499.99 and they had a deal if you put it on a gift card they would refund 10% back to the card. They also have a Sig Goodie bag that you get with hat,ear muffs and some other things.
They have been getting two or three at a time and you may have to ask for one as mine was not on display but in the safe.
Great little pistol. I have about 350 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Pretty dang nice trigger and night sights.
I have the sweet 12 round magazine also.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
The MIM strikers are failing by breaking off at the 'business end'. We're working on a resolve for it now.

Explain if you will . MIM? What pistol?

Reactions: Dub

mark-7mag

I got mine at Academy in Mcdonough a couple of weeks ago. It was $499.99 and they had a deal if you put it on a gift card they would refund 10% back to the card. They also have a Sig Goodie bag that you get with hat,ear muffs and some other things.
They have been getting two or three at a time and you may have to ask for one as mine was not on display but in the safe.
Great little pistol. I have about 350 rounds through it without a single hiccup. Pretty dang nice trigger and night sights.
I have the sweet 12 round magazine also.

Wow! Sounds like a good deal especially with the Goodie bag thrown in

rosewood

Explain if you will . MIM? What pistol?

Did a little reading. MIM is metal injection molding. A technique with metal like injection molding plastic. Saves on cost but appears to be having durability issues. Found a post where the tips of strikers in Glocks were breaking off. Some argued it was pierced primers that were damaging the striker then it was wearing after that. Of course, it may have been a chipped striker that was sharpened and then pierced the primer. Sounds like on high impact parts, they better stick with machined parts.

Looks like the "perfection Glock" isn't so perfect after all. They have changed their parts to save on $$ and now it is causing problems which could very well be life threatening to the end user.

Rosewood

mark-7mag

Bumping this to see if anyone else has purchased one and what they think

Dub

600 rounds in and no issues. Love the size, comfortable grip, and excellent magazine capacity.

Compared to my Glock 43, it is about the same size, maybe just a hair smaller, shoots smoother (less snappy), and also comes with great night sights from the factory. The trigger is very nice too, smooth pull with very little overtravel. Having 11 rounds in a pistol this size is just crazy.

Sig P365 by X Ring, on Flickr

IXbl5oSl.jpg

Nice review....thanks.

Okay......are you with SIG ?

Who is we ?

wareagle700

I think "champ" is with Lightening Strike Products, the guys making aftermarket strikers. I'm curious as to why they take the hardness all the way to 70, that seems extremely high for a part that's supposedly replacing a brittle striker.

I let Sig replace my striker with the newer design and have not experienced any problems yet nor have I seen any reports of the newer strikers having any issues. 2000 rounds in with all kinds of ammo, still going strong.

champ

Nope, not an associate of LSPI, but I do hold that group with high regards. I manage a global manufacturing firm that produces firearm/silencer components for several major arms producers in North America. On another note, the hardness on 'A' scale would be 70, I am quite certain that the LSPI strikers are 39-42 rockwell 'C' and machined with extremely tight tolerances that MIM processing generally has a hard time maintaining.

frankwright

Six months after my first post and I am still carrying the Sig P365. I have not done anything to it except shoot it and sometimes clean it.
I have had zero malfunctions. No misfeeds,stove pipes failure to extract etc.
I do not keep round counts but a guess would be 500 rounds. About 100 of those were Federal HST 124's and the rest were mostly my handloads with 124 coated RN, RNFP and some jacketed hollow points.
I actually like the way the Shield fits my hand better but I can't argue with 12+1 round capacity.