Simple camping meal

3ringer

We cooked pork chops on the Weber. Also cooked corn in the husk and heated up some baked beans in the can. We made mashed potatoes out of baked potatoes. Gotta love those Weber Kettles. We finished up with fried apple pie topped with ice cream.

Attachments

• CEEE45B1-F1FE-499C-AB9D-3C7C0793EAF6.jpeg
    CEEE45B1-F1FE-499C-AB9D-3C7C0793EAF6.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 44
  • EC79C4B3-C9C0-4167-AABF-C30FD4D4DEAE.jpeg
    EC79C4B3-C9C0-4167-AABF-C30FD4D4DEAE.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 52
  • D1A52EF1-D4A4-447C-A47A-16F0ECB63FC8.jpeg
    D1A52EF1-D4A4-447C-A47A-16F0ECB63FC8.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 50

Dub

That's how it's done right there.

Looks great. Fun times.

I'd like to hear more about the peanuts. It's been ages since I've done some boiled peanuts. Some of of those an ice cold Dr. Pepper would hit the spot !!!

3ringer

That's how it's done right there.

Looks great. Fun times.

I'd like to hear more about the peanuts. It's been ages since I've done some boiled peanuts. Some of of those an ice cold Dr. Pepper would hit the spot !!!

I purchased a big bag of boiled peanuts from a roadside stand. A bear and her cub ate all of them along with a gallon of sweet tea. So I purchased some raw peanuts and made my own. I boiled them with a half cup of salt for two hours on my Coleman stove. I then transferred the pot to our campfire. I continued boiling for several hours. The peanuts had just a little bit of crunch to them. Some folks boil until the nuts are mushy but I prefer a little crunch. I did have to add water twice and a little more salt. Some folks also add Cajun spices for a little heat or garlic for flavor. I prefer just plain ole salt. It was a fun and delicious thing to do while sitting around a campfire.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I purchased a big bag of boiled peanuts from a roadside stand. A bear and her cub ate all of them along with a gallon of sweet tea. So I purchased some raw peanuts and made my own. I boiled them with a half cup of salt for two hours on my Coleman stove. I then transferred the pot to our campfire. I continued boiling for several hours. The peanuts had just a little bit of crunch to them. Some folks boil until the nuts are mushy but I prefer a little crunch. I did have to add water twice and a little more salt. Some folks also add Cajun spices for a little heat or garlic for flavor. I prefer just plain ole salt. It was a fun and delicious thing to do while sitting around a campfire.

It's all fun and games until the bears show up in camp and eat yer vittles. :rofl:

Well done on adapting to the situation and making the most of it.

I can get past having to share my food with bears and such.........but when they come for my caffeine......it's gonna get ugly. :)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Them chops look tip top. Where we y'all camping where you got into some bears?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member