Simply put ...

StriperAddict

Encouragement from Rob Coscia (FB) today.
===========

"Trust in the Lord, and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on his faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord—trust in him, and he will fulfill you" (Psalm 37:3-5).

I know putting your trust in God doesn't mean difficult things won't happen. But I also know putting your trust in anything other than him means living within the limits of that thing.

My trust—my hope, confidence, and faith—is the foundation of my mindset. If my hope is in my circumstances, then the moment things go wrong, I get anxious and fearful, and my life becomes defined largely by the choices others make.

If my confidence is in money, I'll only feel secure when there’s enough, but there never is. If my faith is in anyone or anything other than Jesus, I have to rely on someone else's religious, political, and social structures for comfort and meaning when life gets hard.

Put your trust in him again by taking time to delight in him, simply enjoying his presence. Why? Because in his presence is all the joy and peace you need, beginning with remembering he never leaves you, and you never have to earn enough or beg him enough to hear you.

Feed yourself on his faithfulness by thanking him for every good thing in your life. Thank him until the grace, hope, and love you experience there overwhelms every bitter, fearful, negative thought demanding your submission.
------------------