Sinclair Boat Landings

whchunter

Why are the boat docks so high? Went to Bass and Little River recently and the top of the docks are way too high. My boat will almost go under the side boards. The docks do nothing to protect your boat. I really have to watch rod holders and my trolling motor. Getting into and out of the boat is tough. Didn't appear that the water was down and we've had plenty of rain so if anything the water should be high on docks. Just not built with users in mind it seems.

ugajay

They're fine. Water mustve been low. Sinclair water level varies greatly from hour to hour sometimes. You must have caught it when it was down some

LTZ25

Yes the water has been low for the past week but its back up now and as UGAJay said it changes as much as a foot in a couple of hours , also full pool is 340 and rarely gets to that level , kinda stays around 339.5 .

whchunter

Yes the water has been low for the past week but its back up now and as UGAJay said it changes as much as a foot in a couple of hours , also full pool is 340 and rarely gets to that level , kinda stays around 339.5 .
Is there a place where you can find the lake level and if so how often is it updated?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is there a place where you can find the lake level and if so how often is it updated?
In case you didn’t know about it. Water is exchanged between Lakes Oconee and Sinclair via power generation and pump back operations. Typical day is for both lakes to vary about 1-2 feet.

RamblinWreck

I wondered why the water was going backward under the bridge the last time I fished up north end of Oconee - they must have been pumping back.

Latest posts