Site for 44 mag

sowega hunter

What red dot or holographic sight would be good for a Super Redhawk for hunting? I know this has probably been discussed before but I was just thinking about getting one and wanted some opinions from experience.

Davexx1

Sowega

There has been a lot of discussion here about the various sights for handguns. Look back thru the threads and you can probably finds a lot of useful information.

Ultradot brand red dot type sights are popular. I have an Ultradot 30 on my 7x30 Contender. I think mine has a 4moa dot. It is quick and easy to see and use in most hunting light conditions. I would suggest a smaller dot as the dot can/does cover up some of the target. Reflex type sights are popular too. I have no experience with those. Good luck.

Dave

Lilly001

Sowega

There has been a lot of discussion here about the various sights for handguns. Look back thru the threads and you can probably finds a lot of useful information.

Ultradot brand red dot type sights are popular. I have an Ultradot 30 on my 7x30 Contender. I think mine has a 4moa dot. It is quick and easy to see and use in most hunting light conditions. I would suggest a smaller dot as the dot can/does cover up some of the target. Reflex type sights are popular too. I have no experience with those. Good luck.

Dave
I have an ultradot on a contender and love it. It is very easy to pick up the dot and get on target. I can shoot with both eyes open if I want to.

Stroker

2X Nikon EER on my 686, 2X7 Redfield EER on a Anaconda, I shoot both with both eyes open. My next hunting pistol will probably have a red dot or a holographic site.

Buckhead

Old 2x Burris on my 10” .44 mag Contender. Quick target acquisition, precise aiming out to 50-60 yards. Pretty much limit my shots to that range regardless.

Reactions: Dub

delacroix

BANNED
Tube style is easier to get behind. Which to get for you is to be determined by how it looks to your eyes. Look for one that turns real dim so you can see around it in low light. Night vision mode they call it. And some have darker tint than others. Aimpoint is famous for quality, for instance, but they're bad to flare and heavily tinted. Yeah you can beat on it with a hammer but who cares if you can't shot the deer as late.

Go see for yourself.