sitka gear

rnelson5

I have a Dakota hoody by Sitka that I picked up for half price online. This is the third season with it and it is very well made and a great layering piece. I have hunted in right at zero degrees in Alaska with a 25 mph wind with a Waxed Cotton coat on top and was fine. The Sitka was the warmth and the waxed cotton doesn’t let the wind through. All in all I am happy with it and would buy more just not at retail. Watch the sales and hawk eBay and you will find a deal. If you are looking for ? waterproof make sure you buy some with the goretex.

Long Cut

It’s good. Wish I had the means to buy more but I agree their clothing blows my other stuff out of the water.
Do you need it to kill ducks in GA? Absolutely not, but if you hunt places where it gets extremely cold (Nodak, Alaska etc) Then it’s worth it, in my opinion.

mbentle2

Best quality hunting clothing made IMO. Great warranty and even if you damage it at your fault you can send it in for repair at a reasonable cost, kinda like Costa sunglasses if you have ever sent those in for repairs. I have been very pleased. Way better than any Drake, UA or Cabelas brand that i have had. True waterproof, warmer and less bulky. You get what you pay for but Look for sales.

OEB0630

Typically, I am a huge fan of Sitka gear. However, recently, I had a bad experience with their customer service. One of my new(er) jackets had severe issues with the zipper, where I literally had to use plyers to move it. I called customer service, and her only advice was..."we advise you to keep the zipper clean and dry in order to work well..."

Lady....you do realize that you are selling waterfowl gear....clean and dry do not exist if I am doing it right!

On another note, have a friend who is getting their new wader soon. I'll be curious to see how they are.

GaHunter31602

I have the Hudson Jacket. Got it at a deal. Love it. Light, Waterproof, and windproof. Just layer under it. Have 2 people that have the waders and will not buy anything else.