Smith & Wesson M&P22 4.1" Semi Auto Pistol Firing pin

AccUbonD

Having hard time finding a firing pin for this gun. I've done took it apart and I prefer to replace it myself if I can find the firing pin. Thought I'd ask here before taking it to gunsmith.

I'm not sure why it failed other than I do run a suppressor and maybe back pressure broke it. No expert

Thanks

krizia829

Having hard time finding a firing pin for this gun. I've done took it apart and I prefer to replace it myself if I can find the firing pin. Thought I'd ask here before taking it to gunsmith.

I'm not sure why it failed other than I do run a suppressor and maybe back pressure broke it. No expert

Thanks
Not sure who has one but I've had to send my 22 compact back once to the repair center. Slide started rubbing hard and gun would jam with every shot. There was so much friction that you can see a good bit of metal come off. They fixed it for me and that little thing shoots everything you put through it! I hope you can find one! They're great guns!

AccUbonD

I wondered about that 22S striker cause it looks just like it.

I contacted S&W by email and the told me they do not have the part and try TK customs. That’s a bit unfortunate

Update: 12/4/2023

After contacting S&W for a second time just requesting the part number they contacted me today and said the had found some still in stock and will be shipping me one.

I guess they not making parts anymore, I don’t know. The gun is not that old.

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
i see there are a few issues around some forums with them when I checked deeper. Most had to send them in for repairs.