smoke detectors

Jody Hawk

How many of ya'll either don't have them, or if you are like me, have them but never test them. Well yesterday I was watching the five o'clock news and they had this lady on there that had just lost her nine year old son in a house fire. She was devastated and it just hit me right in the face. All I could think about was my daughter and my wife asleep while I am at work. I immediately got up and tested our smoke detectors before I left for work. It only takes a few minutes and it might just save a loved ones life !!!!

E

early riser

Remember, there is a rule in keeping the batteries fresh and charged. Always test and or replace the batteries at the time changes of the year.

e.r.

Snakeman

early riser said:
Always test and or replace the batteries at the time changes of the year.e.r.
EVEN if they still work!!!!!!

The Snakeman

E

early riser

http://www.usfa.fema.gov/safety/alarms/

"Smoke alarms are very easy to take care of. There are two steps to remember".

"Simply replace the batteries at least once a year".
Tip: "Pick a holiday or your birthday and replace the batteries each year on that day. Some smoke alarms now on the market come with a ten-year battery. These alarms are designed to be replaced as a whole unit, thus avoiding the need for battery replacement. If your smoke alarm starts making a "chirping" noise, replace the batteries and reset it.
Keep them clean. Dust and debris can interfere with their operation, so vacuum over and around your smoke alarm regularly".