Smokey Mountain Knife Works. Anyone been?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
Went up to Pigeon Forge last week and stopped in this place. Never knew so many knives were in one place. Every knife business in the US must have a booth there. Other than that, and the Bench Made salesman coming off as arrogant I honestly left unimpressed.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
the log cabin to the left of the main building is a workshop. There was a fellow there making knifes out of those big resaw bandsaw blades.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I remember the first time I ever went in, I guess I was about 12 years old. I was aware that I was walking around and couldn't stop smiling. I guess I was like a kid in a candy store. I only go every 4 or 5 years, but I usually leave with something. Last time I was in there I came out with a Wetterlings axe cheaper than they were going for online.

AceOfTheBase

Yah, a couple times, and anytime in the neighborhood.
They also have ammo, and I found some rare stuff I needed & hadn't seen elsewhere !

seeker

My wife and I went in there last fall and she offered to buy me any pocket knife I wanted for my birthday. I walked right over to the Micro Tech counter and showed her a knife that cost $1,300 dollars. No I didn't get it.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bought a few Case knives there several years ago.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
My kids always want to go when we're in town. I got a good deal on a Gerber this year. About 10 dollars cheaper than I've found them at walmarks. They did have the sale tables set out. May have had something to do with it.

Artfuldodger

Went up to Pigeon Forge last week and stopped in this place. Never knew so many knives were in one place. Every knife business in the US must have a booth there. Other than that, and the Bench Made salesman coming off as arrogant I honestly left unimpressed.

I thought it was just a big knife store. I didn't know it was like a trade show. Weird that the Bench Made salesman was arrogant. Why not let the knife itself?
I've only gone to Pigeon Forge once and forgot to go there. Maybe next time. I'd still have to compare prices with Amazon or Ebay.

I like to check on this forum or a knife forum before purchasing anyway.
I've bought a few knives off their website. I remember looking through their catalogs years ago. I have a Rough Rider kit from them that I need to assemble.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Might be worth a visit, especially since they carry Wetterling axes.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
the log cabin to the left of the main building is a workshop. There was a fellow there making knifes out of those big resaw bandsaw blades.

Yeah, I stopped in there and said Hi and just looked around.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I always wind up spending all my money at the Lodge cast iron outlet there beside it before I get to the knife place. :)

Hillbilly stalker

Check out the Opinel Knives. They are cheap but they have great carbon steel in them. If you know what your doing, you can make them dangerous in about 15 minutes on a rock. Their the only French thang I care for.