So who is ready for MLS?

Coenen

Heard a rumor today that Wednesday's match might not sell out, that'd be too bad. I think a lot of folks, myself included, are holding out for Saturday's fixture against Orlando.

Arthur certainly didn't waste any time making the grab for the MLS single game attendance record. It's probably a good shakedown run before Packers / Falcons on Sunday as well.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
7-0. I was a little late getting into the stadium but made it in time to see Martinez complete the hat trick. That free kick from Kratz was a beaut!

Coenen

7-0. I was a little late getting into the stadium but made it in time to see Martinez complete the hat trick. That free kick from Kratz was a beaut!
Somewhere, Atlanta is still scoring on those guys. I guess that's to be expected when you play the 2/3's of the match 11 on 9.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
That was a memorable night. What a beatdown!

Coenen

Too bad they had to settle for a draw today. I firmly believe that with LGP and Garza on the pitch they'd have won handily.

Josef Martinez. What else is there to say?

I'm not 100% about the attendance numbers, but the place was pretty full, and LOUD. Great atmosphere. First game at the new building, very impressed.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Too bad they had to settle for a draw today. I firmly believe that with LGP and Garza on the pitch they'd have won handily.

Josef Martinez. What else is there to say?

I'm not 100% about the attendance numbers, but the place was pretty full, and LOUD. Great atmosphere. First game at the new building, very impressed.

100% agree...needed LGP and Garza. Martinez is on fire.

Coenen

100% agree...needed LGP and Garza. Martinez is on fire.
Garza's pace, and ability to get forward and distribute from the wing really helps the team. The games that he's been out, it seems like they've struggled to find a suitable guy to fill in.

Tito made a little noise over there. They'd have torn the place down if that stoppage time screamer had gone in. Dude can really rip it.

Coenen

Average attendance has been 45k plus. That will trend down a little since, IIRC, The Benz only seats about 42,500 for soccer. Every hone game thus far has sold out, for what that's worth. They drew 70k last Saturday with the full stadium open. Word is that they're opening the whole building again for the final home game.

The games I've gone to have been about the most fun I can remember at a sporting event.

Another big win last night too, 4-nil over LA Galaxy. The team is fast, and scores a lot of goals. The fans are insane. I'm really impressed with what Uncle Arthur and co. have put together here.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
The weekday 7:00 pm games are tough for me to get to on time due to work/traffic. I was late for last week's and missed a couple goals. I was about 25 mins late to last nights game - as I was walking up to the stadium, I hear the train whistle blowing and knew it had happened again. This time I missed THREE goals :banginghe

Good problem to have though :D

Coenen

The weekday 7:00 pm games are tough for me to get to on time due to work/traffic. I was late for last week's and missed a couple goals. I was about 25 mins late to last nights game - as I was walking up to the stadium, I hear the train whistle blowing and knew it had happened again. This time I missed THREE goals :banginghe

Good problem to have though :D
Good thing Miggy was looking out for you with a 4th, and it was a cheeky one, too! :cool:

For all the talk about Almiron and Martinez, I'm surprised Asad doesn't get a little more coverage, he scored a couple goals last night, and really seems to play with some grit in the final third. He makes a lot of good things happen. Throw Tito in the mix, and it's easy to see why Atlanta's offense is so potent.

It seemed as if they didn't miss Garza so much last night, either. Was that Tito filling his(Garza's) role on the wing? That seemed to work. Granted, LA wasn't particularly dynamic on offense...or defense, so maybe that success was more a product of a bad opponent.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
McCann has been filling in for Garza at LB - is that what you mean? He's been pretty good but hasn't really been tested all that much.

Coenen

McCann has been filling in for Garza at LB - is that what you mean? He's been pretty good but hasn't really been tested all that much.
Yeah, you're right. For some reason I had the field backwards in my mind's eye.:crazy: It didn't seem like a big deal yesterday, because Asad had such a monster game! :fine:

Coenen

Thanks

Thats really good attendance
On pace to break the league record, so you know, I guess you could say they're doing all right so far.

You should come to a match, it's great stuff live.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
On pace to break the league record, so you know, I guess you could say they're doing all right so far.

You should come to a match, it's great stuff live.

X2, the games are insanely fun. My supporters group is tailgating in the gulch if you guys ever want to come by before and hang out. We will have the dirty birds on TV as well this sunday.

Coenen

When I am in town visiting my brother, I may just do that.
Make sure you look into some of the various supporters' groups and tailgates, get there early, and take it all in. Plenty of food, fellowship, and *ahem* 'refreshments' available. Assuming you're into that sort of thing.

Also, it's probably the cheapest, best way to get into The Benz and have a look around. Unless you'll be in town the Week of Falcons/Jets. :p