Some jerk stole my boat!

Jasper

I bought a little 12 foot jon boat last year for my boys and I to fish out of when we go to Charlie Elliott. A friend of mine has a small farm near there where I've been keeping it so I don't have to haul it back and forth. I was driving by there yesterday on my way home from a hunt at Cedar Creek and stopped to check on it. The only thing left were the two seats (don't know why they left them). The chain was still around the tree and the lock was laying on the ground in 2 pieces, cut by bolt cutters I suppose.

My kids were really disappointed when I told them. We're going fishing/camping next week and were looking forward to using it. I guess we'll be bank fishing now.

I just don't understand people who steal like that. Unfortunately there are scumbags everywhere. I hope they hit a snag and sink in the middle of a large, snake infested lake. :mad:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
garbage.

I bet they will go home and brag to their kids about how the stole it.

Jim

meriwether john

Know that feeling well. may the bird of paradise fly up their nose. better yet may they bump a hornets nest fishing timber in the middle of a lake somewhere. mine was taken from the middle of my property(39 acres) a few years back. left the anchor and rope(how thoughtful of the scum).

Oscott

Sorry to hear that.

Probably some sorry, white trash, meth head. I just don't understand what people are thinking sometimes. Have they ever considered getting a JOB like the rest of us? :huh:

They'll get their own in the end...

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
Jasper, I feel your pain. I have had over $10000.00 worth of stuff stolen from me in the past 2 years.atv,generator,trailer,guns,and lots more. Im sure its my Crackhead neihbors, but I just cant catch them. the gwinn police, and detectives wont even lift a finger to solve the case. its taken me years to buy this stuff, and its slowly dissapearing! I should move, but this stuff is going on everywhere!

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
If a man wants to use anything I have all he has to do is ask if he is down on his luck Ill help him get by. If he is hungry Ill feed him from my table. But if that same man steals from me then he is then my enemy and should be prosecuted

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Jasper,

I have a 16' Old Town Canoe that y'all may use for your camping trip.

You can pick it up on the way down to Charlie Elliott.

No problem!

Sorry to hear about your boat!

Arrow Flinger

Man! I hate to hear that. There ain't nothing that chaps my tail more than a thief! I am a firm beleiver in "what goes around, comes around" . Those scum will get theirs!

F

fishlipps1952

the only thing lower than stealing a man's boat is stealing his dog..

Mossy0ak270

Sorry to hear that Jasper. Their probably some crackheads that are to lazy to work and have to steal to get their money, but they will get theirs. It'll come come back around to them. Hopefully sooner than later.

gadeerwoman

Don't jump to conclusions that it is always the dope heads who are stealing. Sometimes it is the guy down the road with a good job who just has a thieving streak!! I've had more stuff stolen by working folks who don't do drugs than I have by druggies. A druggies wants something small that he can get rid of quickly most times. Sorry you lost it !! Ain't nothing sorry as a thief except a lying thief.

Mossy0ak270

Your right gadeerwoman. I was getting back on here to say that the bottomline is that its a thief no matter who it is. Either way they are very sorry folks.

Oscott

gadeerwoman said:
I've had more stuff stolen by working folks who don't do drugs than I have by druggies.

With all respect. Have you given people who have stolen stuff from you drug tests? If I was a betting man (outside the NFL and NCAA) I'd guess no.

Unfortunately I know a few folks that don't work because of choice and guess what ?- dope heads... Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Good day.

Bill K

Mr. Young....

Danged nice of you.

Everyone else....

Game trail cameras will capture thieves as well as wildlife.

Jimmy D. Moore

Sorry to hear about your boat. We are having a lot of thefts lately in our community. A couple of mini-marts robbed and several trucks and trailers that were taken from peoples yards in broad daylight while people were not home. Seems crime is on increase everywhere lately.

Jasper

Thanks for the kind offer Jeff! And just to show you how many good people we have here on Woody's, he's not the only one that offered to lend us a boat- I had several offers via PMs. Thanks everyone.

We'll just go camping and fish off of the bank. I don't have room to carry a boat and everything else we need for 4 days. That's why I liked already having the boat down there just 5 minutes away.

Oh well, no sense crying over spilled milk. It's a shame that there are people out there like that, but nothing I can do now. In a way, it's easier fishing off the bank with kids anyway. And not to mention easier to change lakes when they get bored after 30 minutes!

All that being said, I still hope it sinks with the jerk in it that stole it............after he gets stung by hornets, bitten by a water moccasin and hooked in the nose with a large treble hook! But I'm not bitter. :D

rapid fire

I guess it's just my giving personnality, but...

Don't get me wrong, i can't stand a thief, but I do hope that the person who took it really needed a boat. And maybe the boat will him to spend some quality time with his familly. Again, don't get me wrong, A thief is a liar and a cheat and no good to this earth.