Some kind of critter in house

j_seph

Wife sent me pics in stand yesterday. Where the slide drawer is under our oven there was my daughter's shirt pulled half way under it. I got home and pulled the drawer out. There was a laundry bag under it all the way in back corner. As well as 2 socks and another shirt. There was a little insulation as well as some maple but goodies candy, half of a banana pepper. I didnt even know we had my favorite candy in house. It had went into pantry and crawled into a bag to get those out. Place 2 glue traps under there. Got up this morning and found one of them in the floor with part of the corner chewed off as if trying to leave me a sign and tell me something.

Attachments

• received_329183564521211.jpeg
    received_329183564521211.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 163
  • received_1790547070994836.jpeg
    received_1790547070994836.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 162

JackSprat

Rat.

If you have a TSC near you get the rat poison that is in the big bars like soap. Put it where pets can't get to it. Put in all the places you have mentioned.

Biggest down side is that poisoned rats don't always die in convenient places for disposal..

If it is a big rat, it may be very hard to trap.

Have had a rat in the same place, under the stove. Wait until it starts pulling out insulation from the stove.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Rat, just put a stove fire out the other day because of one. It had built a nest under the bottom tray of the stove top, new renter came in and it lit off while they were cooking. They weren’t happy. Spent the rat wasn’t either.

j_seph

Put 2 glue traps under there yesterday, got up this a.m. and he had brought one out into kitchen with the side and corner ate up and the pieces laying beside it. Never got into the glue and left it as if to say..........HA

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Probably a wharf rat. Get some D-con.

j_seph

Is there a type poison that will kill and lessen the time that the dead varmint stinks?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Had a big rat once. It chewed its own back leg off to get away from that glue trap. Luckily that was the last of it. The rest of him didn’t come back.
You definitely don’t want that smell for weeks coming from somewhere you can’t get to. So my next trick would have been a large spring trap.
Had one climb a brick wall corner and then run above the ceiling in an apartment every night and one night I heard it fall down the wall to it’s demise. The smell lingered a long while and the complex refused to go digging in the wall.
We got a $200 discount the next month and moved shortly after that.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A #0 leghold trap works good on rats.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Is there a type poison that will kill and lessen the time that the dead varmint stinks?

i had not one but two very small mice crawl up into a wall in the laundry room and die. one one year one the next. took MONTHS for the smell to go away. using poison on a big rat inside a house would be the last thing I would do to kill it

mother in law kept smelling something dead in her house she lived in in florida. finally one day it got so bad they cut the wall open. there was a dead space that rats could get into but not out of once they fell into it. There were about a dozen large rats dead in that hole. shes not nasty this was a very nice high end house on a lake she was very embarrassed but it was just a fault the builder put in that im sure even he didnt know he did when he built the house.

j_seph

We in the country, when they cut the hay fields they tend to come running at times and try to make a new home. Used to have a cat that would keep em in check but he went tom catting and never came home.