Some Native Americans ......

Blackston

I guess some had to build teepee's and some gathered fire wood. After this bow season I think I would have been on one of these crews . Glad rifle is almost here I need all the help I can get ( it's my second archery season , and its tougher than it looks ) HAPPY HUNTIN!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

Yep, archery can be humbling.

Hunting got too easy for me a few years ago and I put the guns away. Think I may be in my 4th season now and I will admit it takes patience.

I have actually taken (overall) better bucks with archery but part of that is where I hunt and I am sure luck has played a part also.

Good luck during the season!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I guess some had to build teepee's and some gathered fire wood. After this bow season I think I would have been on one of these crews . Glad rifle is almost here I need all the help I can get ( it's my second archery season , and its tougher than it looks ) HAPPY HUNTIN!!!!!!

Elizabeth Warren might could give you some tips?
I'm sorry, I just had to say it....... :rofl:

Blackston

I googled her I don't get it plz explain I enjoy laughing (even at myself)

gtmcwhorter

I reckon I’d have been a dishwasher or something. We’d have starved to death if I was doing the hunting and fishing

GADawg08

I've had the best bow season Ive had in several yrs so far....two big does. I was fortunate enough to shoot a deer the first yr I started bow hunting. Hard to believe that was 17 yrs ago. Like you, I don't have the will power to go bow only. I will take the bow every now and then during gun season if my shots are limited to 40 yds or so

Josh B

I've quit bow hunting a few times after missing big deer but when it finally happens it's awesome. Im going to try to go bow all year. I've probably got at least 20 with a bow. Good luck and I couldn't tell you who the heck they are talking about.

Pilgrim

I don't get the reference either; i enjoy not getting out much :)
Another interesting thing about native americans: they typically wouldn't shoot the biggest bucks/bulls/etc. out of respect/honor that they had survived that long.

tree cutter 08

I'm glad it's over. I decided I'm not a Indian along time ago. I had fun stalking this year. Slung a few arrows but it's tough to try to sneak up on a bear or deer and kill it with a bow. I don't have much interest in sitting in a stand early season.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Oh, I probably didn't get it because I stay away from the political forum(wish I could edit it out all together). This is the small game, deer hunting and trail cam forum.... But yeah, I probably would have been a gatherer. But on the other hand, I did pass up several opportunities to bring home meat.

joepuppy

Sorry we hijacked your thread. Good luck in the deer woods this year.:cheers: