Some NC smallmouth questions

Alcaraz

Hello, friends.
As I have said in previous posts, I will be in your country during this August and I want to spend some days fishing…
One of my plans is head up north to NC for wading for smallmouth and I have some questions for you.
1. I´m going to fish the Little Tennessee river at Needmore Rd. Where can I park my car there? Here, in Spain, we just look for a wide place where you can leave the car out of the road. I know in your country you have to be more careful because private property but what I have been reading seems that you can do it there as we do in Spain (just park out of the road). What section of the Needmore do you recommend? Upper or lower section? Perhaps, not sure, I will spend a night or two, any good and scenic campground by the river? Another place to sleep in?
2. I´m thinking in fishing the Cheoah near Robbinsville, just to test some other water. Any advise or recommendation on this river?

And, of course, any other help or fishing buddies are welcome.
Thank you very much.

The mtn man

You can park at any wide spot like you said as long as there are no posted signs, in nc property owners can paint a purple stripe rather than a sign. So if you see no posted signs, or purple stripes on trees your good. I always parked at the upper end, turn onto tellico road off hwy 28, about a half mile or so turn right onto need more, there is plenty of places in that area. You could start there and go down until you find somewhere you like, there's not many places to park upstream from there.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can park at pulloffs in most places here, unless the land is posted. Posted land will have No Trespassing signs or purple paint on the tree trunks.

Most of the Needmore section of the Little T is public land, so you don't have to worry about it anyway-it's game lands owned by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, so access for fishing and hunting is legal anywhere from Fontana Lake up to Tellico Road in Macon County.

You can't currently camp on the Needmore Tract, but there are plenty of private campgrounds around Bryson City. Almond Boat Park is very near the Needmore tract, and they rent little cabins, and are good folks. Also, you can camp pretty much anywhere on the Nantahala National Forest.

Get up with me before you come up, and I will try to fish with you one day if I can. I can put you on some smallmouth on the Pigeon, too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Lol, great minds think alike and type at the same time. :bounce:

Alcaraz

Cmp1, he was!!! Hahaha!
NCHB and TMM, thank you very much. I will take care on signs and stripes there. And I´ll check those campgrounds (I was asking for privates campgrounds or similar, sorry about the mistake).
NCHB I will let you know when I know the days.
I am really excited! I can´t wait to meet those smallies (we don´t have smallmouth in Spain). Just hope late summer storms won´t make my illusions “gone with the rain”.

j_seph

I see a Spain and Hillbilly adventure coming soon!!!!!!

Hillbilly you need to introduce him to the southern cooking

The mtn man

I see a Spain and Hillbilly adventure coming soon!!!!!!

Hillbilly you need to introduce him to the southern cooking

Alcatraz might get more than he bargains for with that, it would be fun to introduce him to ramps and likker!! :biggrin2: I see on his profile he is a psychologist, that might come in handy hanging around the nchillbilly!!!

j_seph

Alcatraz might get more than he bargains for with that, it would be fun to introduce him to ramps and likker!! :biggrin2: I see on his profile he is a psychologist, that might come in handy hanging around the nchillbilly!!!
He may actually benefit the Hillbilly:bounce:

Cmp1

BANNED

Lol lol lol,,,, may come in handy for me too,,,,

Alcaraz

Hahaha!
I don´t understand all you are saying but I understand enough to see you are so crazy!
Slow down, men, I´ll be on holidays! hahaha! But we can make a deal: one 4+, one sentence. hahaha!
And I can take some gazpacho with me! There is a southern spanish cooking too!

j_seph

Hahaha!
I don´t understand all you are saying but I understand enough to see you are so crazy!
Slow down, men, I´ll be on holidays! hahaha! But we can make a deal: one 4+, one sentence. hahaha!
And I can take some gazpacho with me! There is a southern spanish cooking too!
Southern Comfort Food

Make you want more

CLICK^^^^^^^^^

Alcaraz

That doesn't look much tasty... hahaha! Doesn't look good alive and for sure I am not going to prepare it my myself!
I think I will stay with my gazpacho and my spanish omelet

The mtn man

I like me some Spanish food!