Some of my artifact collection

walkinboss01

Very nice collection. I'm sure that was a lot of walking and looking.

Sixes

Very nice. Only missing the quartz points that make up the majority of finds in N GA.

The drill you are holding is about worn to a nub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That hafted scraper is a really nice piece. I love the Hernandos, too. What would you call that other Paleo-ish in the pic with the Suwanee? I would lean toward a Quad or Hardaway Blade type.

You have a really, really nice collection, Nic. I bet you catch yourself rubbing one and daydreaming every now and then? :)

Sixes

That hafted scraper is a really nice piece. I love the Hernandos, too. What would you call that other Paleo-ish in the pic with the Suwanee? I would lean toward a Quad or Hardaway Blade type.

You have a really, really nice collection, Nic. I bet you catch yourself rubbing one and daydreaming every now and then? :)

Maybe a Greenbrier

godogs57

Beautiful artifacts you got there Nic. I ought to post some Lee co artifact pics sometime down the road. Thanks for posting!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
What a great collection Nic!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

Maybe a Greenbrier

I`m thinking Greenbrier too. It`s heavily ground too.

Amazing! What is the tool in the first pic, bottom row, second from right?

That`s a Waller knife. And the only one of those I`ve ever found. They made a very effective tool for skinning any and all critters.

Pointpuller

Very nice collection nic!!! Thanks for the look. Love looking at artifacts. Makes me want to open the safe up and revisit my collection.......dont take to much provoking for me to revisit them. haha

Al White

Nice collection Nic! You just inspired me to break out some of the ones I've found to post! That one point looks fluted all the way up.

misterpink

You think 3000 years from now they will be finding our fossilized shell casings? Archeologists will be debating if 556 was a viable deer cartridge and may have what ultimately lead to humans inability to harvest enough to survive.

Nick you should write a book.

Hillbilly stalker

Naw, they killed Mastadons with bird points back then, they will understand in the future too.

Worlldbeater

That a great artifact collection you have there. Thanks for sharing it with us artifact collectors. Finding an ancient artifact makes any other day a great day and you have had a many of them great days.

walkinboss01

Nice collection. I’m sure you have some great memories of finding them.

oldguy

Good stuff!
I've always been amazed that more early settler/explorer stuff doesn't show up mixed in with Native artifacts. I bet I and others have overlooked some things like those gun flints, not recognizing what we were looking at.