Some people just need to be put away somewhere.

Skipper

Banned
People that will lie to you face to face knowing that you know they are lying just irk the elmoelmoelmoelmoens out of me. I had to listen to a guy yesterday attempt to convince me that he really needed the 4 valiums a day and a 30 day supply for the pain he was suffering from slipping and falling at his church. I kept thinking, you must be an idiot. If it's pain you want to complain about, why didn't you get a subscription for 120 Oxycotins to do what I figure you are doing with the Valiums. Of course I couldn't say that.

This morning, I'm udating the news articles and found this one from Kansas

KANSAS WILDLIFE & PARKS
512 SE 25th Ave.
Pratt, KS 67124
(620) 672-5911
N e w s R e l e a s e

Release Date: November 12, 2004
News Contact: Mark Shoup

GROUP ADMITS TO MISTAKENLY SHOOTING AT CRANES

One of two injured whooping cranes dies at KSU veterinary hospital

PRATT -- A group of hunters have admitted to mistakenly shooting at three whooping cranes near Quivira National Wildlife Refuge in Stafford County last weekend. The hunters told investigators that they mistook the identity of the birds and are cooperating with authorities. The incident is being investigated jointly by officers of the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.

One of the two whooping cranes injured on Nov. 6 died early this morning. The other birds remains in guarded condition. When the bird is stable enough to travel, plans are to transport it from Kansas State University Veterinary to the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Patuxent Wildlife Research Center in Maryland.
-30-

How can you mistake a 5 foot tall bird with a 7' wing span for a Mallard Duck?

Don't it just make you want to raise the ** flag?

bsflag.gif

Skipper

GeauxLSU

Skipper said:
How can you mistake a 5 foot tall bird with a 7' wing span for a Mallard Duck?
I guess the same way you mistake a 6 foot tall upright walking biped for a whitetail deer. ::huh:
SOME people should just not be allowed to have a loaded firearm in the presence of others. :rolleyes:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Nick_T

Banned
The arguement about them mistaking them for snow geese wouldn't shake either. That'd be like mistaking a white ibis on the coast for a snow. If their ID skills ain't any better than that they should have stayed home. Mistake a blackduck for a mottle or mallard hen, I can see that somewhat, but a crane for anything other than a crane don't jive.

Nick T

Dep6

That dog don't hunt, but hey some folks shouldn't be allowed in the bathroom either!! :whip:

RThomas

Actually, I believe they said they mistook the birds for sandhill cranes- not ducks or geese.

Meriwether Mike

They should have called them poachers. Not hunters!!

GeauxLSU

IF they turned themselves in and IF they mistook them for Sandhills (though I would still think you could certainly tell the difference)... then kudos to them for doing the right thing.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

CAL

Welcome to the real world Skipper!My wife says I am the most pessimistic person she knows.I tell her when its been done to you enough you just seem to get that way.
By the same respect I find people don't like to admit they could possibily be wrong!My Dad taught me "to always tell the truth,you only have to tell it one time and don't have to remember what you said".
Good hunting to you up there in the Blue Grass State!