Someone educate me on time frames

Just 1 More

How soon after a new food plot area has been sprayed with Round-up (or similar product) to kill the grasses, can it be safely planted?

E

early riser

Immediately after the plants are dead. The round up does not affect your soil. What it does effect is the green in the plants and the chemicals are absorbed by the plants in their leaves and greenery which causes them to die. Once you are satisfied with the kill of the plants you can replant. The Round up does not affect the soil.

e.r.

E

early riser

Actually, it would be best to give the Round up time to work it's way into the plant and down into the roots of the plants to kill the root and all. Once the plants have browned and died, then it would be OK to plow or mow. I wouldn't even mow after I sprayed untill the plants browned and died to make sure the chemicals had a chance to work their way all way through the plant and into the roots as well.

e.r.

gadeerwoman

Ideally it's good to do two sprayings with roundup. First one spray, light till, wait until new growth begins and is 2-3 inchs tall, sthen pray the 2nd time. Then wait two weeks or so before seeding. That gives the herbicide plenty of time to get the roots. You could seed within 24 hrs of spraying with no damage as roundup will only kill by being absorbed into the foliage but I'd not recommend it. wait at least 2 weeks before tilling if you can, then seed.