Something different...

660griz

Yall have certainly posted some classics. I got a new home audio system a while back. While searching for music to test the speakers, I stumbled upon this song.

And these guys are pretty awesome. Even if they are 'Acapulco'. :)

Artfuldodger

I could see where that Long After You're Gone being a good test song for speakers.
It's amazing the quality difference between songs and CD's between artist.
I've got a set of homemade open baffles with Fostex drivers and a store bought set of Bowers and Wilkins in the living room. Just two speakers, left and right plus a sub for my open baffles.
They really shine on female jazz and acoustic music. Not so much for rock-n-roll.
Some CD's sound so bad that I don't even listen to them on my open baffles.

WaltL1

I liked that. Thanks for posting it.
I really like acoustic stuff. Gets back to the basics. Couple of dudes, couple of guitars and that's it.
By the way, that was a good post you had in the Turkey forum.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have been listening to this quite a bit lately.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

660griz

I could see where that Long After You're Gone being a good test song for speakers.
It's amazing the quality difference between songs and CD's between artist.
I've got a set of homemade open baffles with Fostex drivers and a store bought set of Bowers and Wilkins in the living room. Just two speakers, left and right plus a sub for my open baffles.
They really shine on female jazz and acoustic music. Not so much for rock-n-roll.
Some CD's sound so bad that I don't even listen to them on my open baffles.
Guess there is a downsize to hearing everything. :) I don't think my room acoustics would lend well to open baffles unless I had some measurement equipment and did more math on crossovers till my head exploded. I do tend to overthink things though.
I have pretty inexpensive speakers. (4) Elac B6 bookshelf speakers, Elac center channel, Elac sub and (2) cheap Pioneer towers that I just can't bring myself to disconnect. They don't sound too bad though.
For the price, hard to beat those B6s.

WaltL1

I have been listening to this quite a bit lately.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
They seem to be pretty popular with you guys. Ive seen a number of vids here with the long beard dude. They do good music.

Israel

BANNED
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

hobbs27

redwards

"Old Church Choir" ...A favorite of mine...Zach Williams....with assistance to/from Spalding County Sherrif's office.

WaltL1

Artfuldodger

WaltL1

RIP Aretha
I used to take a lot of good natured ribbing from my rock & roll friends for my Aretha album/cassette collection but man that woman sang with true soul.

WaltL1

WaltL1