Something to ponder,,,,

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Summertime in the GA heat is the best::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
you-first.jpg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Plumbing

When I think of how cool it would be to live in an other time......the old west, the middle ages.....I would miss my plumbing.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Seriously, I think there are too many to single out just one.
Fire was discovered. But the invention of easy ways to make fire lead to cooked meat eating and the development of the human brain.
The written word led to the passing down of knowledge.
The compass made us able to navigate the globe.
There are many others between then and the microchip, which led to modern-day computing.
Folks were navigating the globe long before a compass was invented

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The ability to make and control fire, without a doubt.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
The top few are plenty and inarguable.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
But it's not an invention,,,,
Go out right now and make me a fire without a lighter or a match or some such, from natural materials you find on the land. The means to make fire from scratch (i.e. hand drill, bow drill, fire saw, etc.,) is definitely an invention, and a quite complex one, and one that probably did more for our species than any other invention in its history.

Cmp1

BANNED
Go out right now and make me a fire without a lighter or a match or some such, from natural materials you find on the land. The means to make fire from scratch (i.e. hand drill, bow drill, fire saw, etc.,) is definitely an invention, and a quite complex one, and one that probably did more for our species than any other invention in its history.
Now those are inventions,,,,but fire isn't,,,,but you think a hand drill is more important than the plow?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I don't think early man followed wildfires around that they 'discovered' in order to cook on them.
Instead, they invented ways to start fires and maintain fires that led to cooking meat over fire.