Something to share

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm not exactly sure why, but I recently started a blog and have been writing some stories and reports about my time in the field. Some of these stories may be familiar to my GON friends, others aren't. Anyway, I thought I'd share.

Here's one maybe you can relate to. I also wrote up a more detailed account of my golden trout trip last summer.

http://northgeorgiasportsman.blogspot.com/2018/01/leaky-waders.html

ripplerider

I just spent 30 minutes browsing your blog. I'm about to be late for work if I dont stop now. You are a fine writer and photographer. I really enjoyed that.

EverGreen1231

Very nice. I've been looking for something like this to read. There aren't many fishing bloggers/video makers out there; at least, none I want to read or watch. I've subscribed.

Bream Pole

Very very nice..good writer will be reading thanks

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Keep on with your writing. I enjoy reading of your outings. :cheers:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff, Wes.

whitetailfreak

I've got a story about my Pap that I know you'll like. He was a lot like your grandaddy.

That's a story I'll be looking forward to. I miss my Pap every day, and I know you do too. I heard a story this past summer about my Pap and NCHillbilly's uncle Charlie. We'll just say that they had a few too many Specks on Haw Creek (Hazel watershed), and didn't get away with it :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a story I'll be looking forward to. I miss my Pap every day, and I know you do too. I heard a story this past summer about my Pap and NCHillbilly's uncle Charlie. We'll just say that they had a few too many Specks on Haw Creek (Hazel watershed), and didn't get away with it :rofl:

That one is family legend. And a "few" specks is a relative term. :rofl: Best I can remember, it only cost them a small fine that they split, and a fly rod. They were taking turns with one rod and the warden couldn't prove which one was the criminal, was the story I remember. :D

ripplerider

I have to admit I was way off on my guess as to where you caught those golden trout. The town you named as your starting point is very familiar to me. My Dad used to suscribe to their weekly newspaper. He made several trips out there chasing mulies and antelope. My first trip out west was to that area. Killed a decent mulie buck, a doe antelope, and caught a ton of trout. We hiked in 6 miles to some lakes that had nice cutthroats from 14 to 17" and a few grayling. Brings back good memories of when Dad was 100%. He's not doing so well these days.

Nugefan

dang nice read !!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

carver

Enjoyed the stories very much

TheTroutWhisperer

Wow.. that is some awesome stuff. Your a pretty tough cookie to make that hike out in Wyoming. My favorite state, my brother and I plan to fish the Big Horn river in September. Can't wait!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Wow.. that is some awesome stuff. Your a pretty tough cookie to make that hike out in Wyoming.

Tough? A little. Stubborn? A lot! It's amazing what your body can do when you stubbornly refuse to accept that fact that you're tired and out of shape.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Tough? A little. Stubborn? A lot! It's amazing what your body can do when you stubbornly refuse to accept that fact that you're tired and out of shape.

Now, I've got at least two places I've been considering on for awhile that me and you and Chris need to hike our old, fat, lazy butts back into to camp for a day or two and catch some relatively unmolested specks and kill them and eat them. :)