Somewhat disappointed with my Z-71

Buford_Dawg

I have had to take my 2004 Z-71 back to the dealer now for the 4th time since I bought it 11 months ago. Continue to have little problems with it, nothing major, but door locks not working, emission controls going out twice, tailgate problems, etc..... I have always had Ford F-150s before I thought I would give the Chevy a try. Now, I am seriously thinking about going back to a F-150 after the new year. I'm tired of visiting the dealer service center. Is this common with Chevy, in 21 years and 6 F-150s, I can't remember ever having to go back to the dealer for repairs. Maybe mine is a fluke.

GeauxLSU

Had my Avalanche just over 3 years. Not a single problem. Not one.
There is not one manufacturer anyone can name that doesn't occasionally make a bad vehicle. The question is, doesn't it get taken care of and does it get fixed correctly with minimum hassle. People will give you examples both ways (my father had a F150 he had TONS of trouble with and swore he'd never buy another Ford product, and didn't, for example. Obviously some people wouldn't be seen in anything else. ::huh: )
If I had had 4 service issues in 11 months I'd be a little annoyed (depending on how inconvenient) but I don't think enough for me to take the bath I'd get on getting rid of an 11 month old vehicle.
Just MHO of course. Good luck whichever way you go.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
I bought a Z-71

eariler this year and have not had an issue at all??

leo

leadoff

GONetwork Member
My dad has been a Ford man all his life. He bought a Z71 a few years back and hated it! He had nothing but trouble with it. He now has an F250. I, on the other hand, love my '03 Z71. No problems so far--knock on wood!

I think the truck realizes when a Ford person is behind the wheel! :bounce:

Buford_Dawg

Good question

For some reason, I thought I would give the Z-71 a try. The Chevy folks have fixed my problem quickly again this time (just picked it up), so lets see if anything else fails in near future. I like the truck alot, just don't care visiting the dealer with it so often, very annoying. It may go 10 years now without a problem, who knows.

F250

Banned
I had been a GM man just about all my life!! 5 Brand new ones 4 where great no problems! But the last one was a pile of (well GM Parts) and they would not warrantee it!! owned a New Superduty for 3 3/4 years now 188,500 miles and I think I have owned my last GM product!! Not only have I not had any problem with it but If my numbers a right I've saved about to date $9,850.00!!

stumpman

Banned
I switched from ford i had tons of trouble with 3 of th last4 fords i had 2 f150's and 1 f250 super duty got a chevy 2500 4 months ago but on the way back from S.C. the other day it started making a funny noise at 75 mph so im getting the tires rotated today and hope this is the problem im tired of trucks with problems oh yea i had a dodge that i had to file the lemon law on at dodges request they told me that was the best thing to do cost me $3,500 to give it back what a rip off so i dont think any of them build a truck like they use to do any of you chevy guys motor make a ticking noise when you crank it in the morning till it warms up or do i have another problem?