Son and I doubled up...

Stevie Ray

One of the most fun hunts I've ever had!

My 36 year old son and I had a super fun opening weekend with a couple of solid birds, me getting my bird around 8:30 a.m. opening day, Saturday (4/1) and my son taking his bird on Sunday (4/2) around 12:30 p.m. The birds were pretty quiet so we just set up and called a couple of times, then sat quietly on both birds. They eventually showed themselves, and...

Attachments

• IMG_9950.jpeg
    IMG_9950.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1550.jpeg
    IMG_1550.jpeg
    475.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0073.jpeg
    IMG_0073.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
WOOHOO X2!! Seeing y’all getting it done together like that put a big ole smile on my face too! Congrats to you both! I’ve seen most of my birds without ever hearing them. Patience plays its role for sure!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Excellent!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Heck yeah , congrats to you both ! Nothing like father and son hunting together . Curious how you got a picture together and killed them on different days .

Stevie Ray

Heck yeah , congrats to you both ! Nothing like father and son hunting together . Curious how you got a picture together and killed them on different days .
Thank you Sir, seems like over the years we missed a lot of hunting and fishing together due to my rigorous work schedule but now that I'm semi retired we're able to sorta make up for lost time. If I had it to do all over again I believe I probably wouldn't put so much effort into work ... those years went by fast.

Whenever I killed my bird on Saturday we put it in the deer cooler and took it out for the pictures after my son killed his bird on Sunday.