Son's first trad kill

Thread starter #1

godogs57

Been trying for 15 or so years to get my boy to come over from the Dark Side and give traditional archery a try. We'd shoot bows from time to time and a few times he tried my Black Widow recurve, thinking it was pretty fun. He finally gave it a try last year with a used bow and enjoyed it. This spring I ordered him a Black Widow as a birthday present and when it arrived it was love at first sight. She shoots extremely accurate and is quiet as a mouse! When ordering, BW will personalize the bow for you with your name if you wish. I got a little out in left field placing the order and had them personalize it "Silentium Mortem" which is a variant of Latin for "silent death". Dad's can be cheesy like that sometimes.

He got his chance the other day and made it count. About a 20 yard shot with the doe traveling maybe 60 yards Out of the food plot with a nice blood trail.

Congrats Zack....ya did good.

Zack's first trad, resize.jpg

Hunting with traditional equipment will definitely make you a better hunter. The people you meet along the way will be lifelong friends. Made the swap a few years ago and I can't get enough of it. Congrats on his achievement as well as yours sir.

dwhee87

Lots of respect for all y'all trade now hunters.

Triple C

Pretty special right there godogs. Congrats to your son on his 1st trad harvest. Bet he's pumped for more. Love the Black Widow you had made for him. I had one made back in 2014 - PTF V Ironwood. Love that bow.

kingfish

First off congratulations, well done. Second is what is about the Black Widow bows ? I've not transitioned from the dark side yet but when I do, I'm doing it with a Black Widow. I know there are hundreds of different ones but they just look like the "schnizzle" to me.

Thread starter #19

godogs57

First off congratulations, well done. Second is what is about the Black Widow bows ? I've not transitioned from the dark side yet but when I do, I'm doing it with a Black Widow. I know there are hundreds of different ones but they just look like the "schnizzle" to me.
Best recurve I ever shot...amazingly smooth bows. Workmanship is beyond compare.

Been trying for 15 or so years to get my boy to come over from the Dark Side and give traditional archery a try. We'd shoot bows from time to time and a few times he tried my Black Widow recurve, thinking it was pretty fun. He finally gave it a try last year with a used bow and enjoyed it. This spring I ordered him a Black Widow as a birthday present and when it arrived it was love at first sight. She shoots extremely accurate and is quiet as a mouse! When ordering, BW will personalize the bow for you with your name if you wish. I got a little out in left field placing the order and had them personalize it "Silentium Mortem" which is a variant of Latin for "silent death". Dad's can be cheesy like that sometimes.

He got his chance the other day and made it count. About a 20 yard shot with the doe traveling maybe 60 yards Out of the food plot with a nice blood trail.

Congrats Zack....ya did good.

View attachment 989491
Good stuff! Congratulations!