sous vide filet mignon

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
this filet was cooked saus vide. cooked rare. this was comparable to Ruths Chris. I have cooked a few times since and cannot get it this good but is always great

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks good.

Huntinfool

Love it. We love ours. I never thought I would move away from a grill to get the best possible steak....but I have.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I'll have one of them contraptions before long

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Looks pretty doggone good to me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'll apologize in advance. It looks good, but to be honest, I am definitely not sold on soaking a steak in lukewarm dishwater for two days instead of throwing it on a super hot grill about two minutes per side with some wood smoke hitting it. It can't be that much better than a good grilled steak treated simply and with respect. Not hatin', just very skeptical. Most of the fad cooking things I have tried just don't cut it next to the tried and true in the long run. I'm not that impressed with Ruth's Chris either, btw. Way, way, way, way, way, way overpriced for what it is, IMO. Decent steak, but no better than a good home-grilled one at all.

I feel that the less you do to a good steak, the better it usually is. You might be able to change my mind, I don't know. :cheers:

jigman29

I'll apologize in advance. It looks good, but to be honest, I am definitely not sold on soaking a steak in lukewarm dishwater for two days instead of throwing it on a super hot grill about two minutes per side with some wood smoke hitting it. It can't be that much better than a good grilled steak treated simply and with respect. Not hatin', just very skeptical. Most of the fad cooking things I have tried just don't cut it next to the tried and true in the long run. I'm not that impressed with Ruth's Chris either, btw. Way, way, way, way, way, way overpriced for what it is, IMO. Decent steak, but no better than a good home-grilled one at all.

I feel that the less you do to a good steak, the better it usually is. You might be able to change my mind, I don't know. :cheers:

I was the same way till I tried it. The bag keeps it from getting watered down and it cooks in its own juices. Get the internal temp perfect then throw it on a grill for the look and flavor of that. I will be getting one very soon.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I like my sous vide cooker for some things and not others. Lollipop lamb chops are awesome cooked sous vide, and finished off on a grill with some smoke. Same with some beef short ribs. Cook'em all night, then sear and sauce on the grill. anything that needs a long slow cook to break down the meat to make it tender will benefit. Super easy. Reminds me of the Ronco oven....click it and forget it.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, I could be very wrong, just never tried it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Looks great but I enjoy the grill/smoking ,my method of cooking. I have had several cuts of meat done Sous Vide. Just not my preferred method. Everyone has their favorite ways. I have mine.