South GA Lake Lewis?

Wander

Have any of you South GA folks fished Lake Lewis outside of Nashville? 1200 acres and I hear its $5 a boat....

Last edited:

mdgmc84

I know there is a pay lake near nasheville, have no clue of the name though. maybe someone here will know because i would maybe look into fishing it.

mdgmc84

ok yeah i have heard of it, just wasn't aware of the name. i may look into heading out there myself.

Klinton

I've seen this lake on Google Earth and wondered if it were open to the public. Thanks for the info Wander!

Anyone tried calling the phone number on the DNR page?

GA_SPORSTMAN

I stopped by and looked at it one time .I heard that it used to be a major skiing and swimming lake a few years ago.I saw a write up in a magizine one time but cant remember which one it was.I think you just put the money in a mailbox.

Wander

Report...
I fished this lake from about 8 this morning until about 1... I had two bites and landed two mudfish(bowfin). Met another GON person on the water. Not sure he did much better said he caught about a 10-12# bowfin. Someone with a nice bass boat said they caught a couple of Jacks and a couple of small bass...

*WARNING*
If you fish near the old resturant there are old posts in the water. Be very careful near them as two of them jave huge paper wasp nests on them. One is about the size of three fists put together the larger one is bigger than a serving plate. I got real close to the smaller one before I noticed it.

Last edited: