Southeastern Two Fletch Arrow

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Here you go Al. This one is from two wild turkey tail feathers. Secondary wing feathers can be used if they are straight enough. Pull of some of the feather from each side but make sure to leave the quill.

Attachments

• MVC-111F.JPG
    MVC-111F.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 942

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Cut the excess off. A half inch, give or take is fine and leave right at an inch of quill.

Attachments

• MVC-112F.JPG
    MVC-112F.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 715

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Use a drop of pitch glue to hold the fletchins` in place while you use fine pieces of sinew to wrap it tight.

Attachments

• MVC-113F.JPG
    MVC-113F.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,485

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Here`s what it look like finished. Make sure that you trim the front quill down to a very smooth transition on the shaft so it doesn`t gouge a chunk of meat out of your finger when you shoot it. These arrows have a very stable arrow flight.

Attachments

• MVC-114F.JPG
    MVC-114F.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,055

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
On each fletch, the front tied down edge is on top of the shaft and the back is on the side.

Al33

Thanks bigtime Nick!!! That is a little different from what I was planning to do but I like it much better. Looks easier than my proposed method too! I was going to strip the feathers completely down one side, but I can see how leaving feather on both sides will work even better.:cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Either a very sharp knife or a fresh flint flake. If you use scissors it doesn`t want to do right for some reason. After you have the feather pulled like in the first picture, lay it flat on a piece of wood and carefully draw the knife across the feather for a smooth cut.