Special Knife

gotitwithmybow

Years ago, a family member of mine gave me a knife that has been in the family for years. Nothing special, a "bowie" type knife with leather handle. I know the reason he gave it to me was because he didn't think he would ever have kids. Fast-forward: He did have a son who is now a young man and likes to hunt! I would like to now give this knife to his son but would like someone to recondition it and possibly make a new sheath. I live in the Athens, Georgia area. Can anyone help? Thanks!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Wow:eek:

I am at a loss for words. I applaude you for doing that. My Grandfather has a WW2 Mauser pistol. Some jerk has it, because he told him he would "take care of it." We did not know it at the time, but after he died, we found out. The Mauser is now "missing."

You are doing the right thing. I know someone on here can help you out, I would if I had those skills.

Nugefan

check with Muzzy Doug ...

he's in Winder .....

gotitwithmybow

reconditioning

The handle has leather on it that is old/dry rotted. The sheath is the same. The blade is some discolored/oxidized but not badly rusted. What this knife needs is a reconditioning or overhaul. I would like to get it back closer to what it once was. I could take pictures and post them here. Thanks

Latest posts