Speeding Ticket

Heading through Mitchell County a couple weeks ago I was daydreaming and missed the speed drop coming into Pelham from 65 to 55 to 45. Got stopped for 62 in a 45. So aggravating as I never speed. Just wasn't paying attention. No excuse. Question is, I'm licensed in Florida. The $246 fine is the fine, but is there anything I can do to avoid points on my license?

ditchdoc24

Only thing you can try is to call the court and ask if they'll be willing to waive the points if you pay the fine. I've seen that work sometimes.

JackSprat

Only thing you can try is to call the court and ask if they'll be willing to waive the points if you pay the fine. I've seen that work sometimes.

Tne oourt can't waive the points. The points are assessed by the state based on the charge. You will need to check with Fl. on the point structure. What the court can do is change the charge to "less than 10 over" but you pay the same fine. All they care about is the money, so as long as you pay the same thing, they don't care.

greg_n_clayton

Here you can !! But Clayton ain't no big town !!

greg_n_clayton

The court can and will "adjust" the charge here !!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Defensive Driver Course, online.. don't ask my wife why..

pjciii

I did that exact thing in Royston. Appeared in court. Apologized to city and officer. Payed my fine and asked court to keep ticket local so that points did not appear on record. And they did and it never did.
Patrick

REDMOND1858

Warwick PD wrote me a few years back. Called and asked if I could avoid points if I went ahead and paid it. They said if I went ahead and paid it they would make it disappear. Sure enough, they got the money and it disappeared.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Warwick PD wrote me a few years back. Called and asked if I could avoid points if I went ahead and paid it. They said if I went ahead and paid it they would make it disappear. Sure enough, they got the money and it disappeared.

$$$ talks, well you know the rest . .

GoldDot40

Your money is all they care about...not ruining your MVR. There are no points accrued for <14 over the posted speed limit in GA. What the court usually does when you ask for leniency is enters a speed of less than 14mph over. They don't process/advance the violation to the state, which means it never shows up on your record.

This usually only works if your current MVR is clean. I wouldn't expect this 'favor' if you're already sporting some moving violations...especially previous speeding tickets.