spider bites

ugajay

Every spider bite I've ever had made me feel like I was getting the flu for a couple days. Then the sore heals up and leaves a hole where the meat died. Don't know what kind they were

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Got bit by some kinda spider 'bout 20 yrs ago, stayed festered for months. Still got a lil divot on my leg. Never felt it.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Permethrin is your friend. I use it RELIGIOUSLY when I go in the woods and nothing will bite me except deer flies

gadeerwoman

Sounds identical to my episode with baby spiders on a high back canvas chair. Know it was spiders as I checked the chair afterward and saw the little devils. Had a line of them across my shoulders from arm to arm.

reflexman

Snake Dodger
I think red bug/chiggers maybe they look like a cigarette burn a week later but that’s only thing makes sense if it’s a spider I don’t see them

crucible02

Chiggers for sure. I’m like a magnet for them and that exactly what they do to me. Don’t show up until the next day, welp up, have hard, clear pustule, then pops and oozes for days and takes about 2 weeks totally clear up.

Best thing I’ve found for prevention is permethrin spray on my clothes/socks. Then I take a really hot shower and scrub down every inch of my body within an hour of getting home. Sometimes, I’ll even soak in a hot tub with a little bleach in it.

If I get bites, I use some stuff called Calahist (clear) from Walgreens. Works better than anything for me and I’ve tried them all.

ShortMagFan

I got bit by what I think was a brown recluse on my left knee two summers ago working at my farm. It pussed, bled and scared me, my wife and some doctors to death. Several courses of anti biotics later all the skin on my knee cap sloughed off. Still have some scarring. Didn’t feel the bite at the time but burned like the devil later that day. What you describe sounds like chiggers to me which are a fact of life this time of year

reflexman

Snake Dodger
Thanks for the replies in a nutshell I thought they were spider bites because nothing really bothers me.I didn’t think chiggers could be that bad but maybe that’s just what they are. I only get a couple n don’t feel them but they last a couple weeks. It doesn’t help that I were a snake boots with shorts all summer long I’m a fashion disaster

TomC

A couple of years ago I started buying the Permethrin concentrate sold at Tractor Supply, diluting it down and spraying my clothes, boots, hat, pack, gobbler lounger during turkey season, etc. Not sure if it scares the spiders off (I HATE SPIDERS) but ain't found a tick or chigger on me since.