Spooning the Ditches on Lanier w/video

Almost makes me want to take a bass rod with tomorrow. Almost! You do make it look easy. Excellent stuff, and I am taking notes. :geek:
 

Coenen

Senior Member
Nice vid! I even recognized a few of those "honey holes!" :ROFLMAO: No wonder they're all fished out by the time I cruise by on the weekend.

Do you find that they ever have a strong color preference with the spoon, or do you pretty much stick with that hammered silver?
 
I learned more about Lanier in the last 10 minutes than I learned all year.

THANK YOU!
 
Thread starter #7
Nice vid! I even recognized a few of those "honey holes!" :ROFLMAO: No wonder they're all fished out by the time I cruise by on the weekend.

Do you find that they ever have a strong color preference with the spoon, or do you pretty much stick with that hammered silver?
I really like the white solid color when it's overcast. The chrome War Eagle and holographic sides like a flex-it work well on sunny days.
 
Thread starter #10
It's something that happens every year around this time of year but a lot of the bigger fish don't hang out in the ditches long and they will adjust to the cooler water and start cruising the shallows again. The crawfish are getting active and the bigger bass will start scavenging the rocks again. I'll definitely have some fun spooning for a while but I'll be spending the most time on rocks and docks.
 

Kdog

Senior Member
Sure looks fun, makes me hate work!
You should have tried it yesterday. Would make you want to go back to work. Picked up two on the spoon, missed/lost two, and caught one little spec. I was on some decent ditch fish one time and two more boats came right in on me, so I let them have it. I was trying to force the spoon bite as that is what I went there for. Luckily I only wasted 70% of my day doing it. The other 30% was spent cranking and was rather productive.
 
Top