Spraying Glysohpate

Washtub

We are spraying food plot to kill everything. Im using Roundup Pro which is 50% glysohpate. My questions is, how much glysohpate do I use per gallon to achieve good results on killing everything.

I’ve always just dumped “some” in the sprayer which has worked well but I’m afraid I’m using more than I need(wasting money).

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Read the label .It will tell you how much per acre depending on what you need to kill.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
3ozs to one gallon of water if I remember correctly.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
What are you spraying, grass and herbaceous stuff, or woody brush? A 2% solution will kill most non-woody vegetation, but I like a little stronger mix for brush. 3 ounces per gallon will get you just over 2%.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
What are you spraying, grass and herbaceous stuff, or woody brush? A 2% solution will kill most non-woody vegetation, but I like a little stronger mix for brush. 3 ounces per gallon will get you just over 2%.

I wrote on my bottles 3 to 5 ozs. I usually don't have a problem spraying existing food plots before planting but my Power Line can get a little crazy so I'll go a little heavier on spraying that.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I wrote on my bottles 3 to 5 ozs. I usually don't have a problem spraying existing food plots before planting but my Power Line can get a little crazy so I'll go a little heavier on spraying that.
That high voltage make the plants tougher to kill under the powerlines.:ROFLMAO:

Washtub

Mainly just grass and broadleaf weeds. There were a couple small woody type trees/brush starting to grow(couple feet tall).

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Mainly just grass and broadleaf weeds. There were a couple small woody type trees/brush starting to grow(couple feet tall).
3 oz per gallon or so ought to do a good job for you then, especially if you spray when it's nice and sunny.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
3 oz per gallon or so ought to do a good job for you then, especially if you spray when it's nice and sunny.

Yep. Be sure and use some surfactant too.

1gr8bldr

These labels are in theory only. What I mean is this. A farmer does not over/overlap spray. They don't waste chemicals. These 50 + feet booms only have the chance of over lap spray slightly once every 50feet. In theory, the label, it's calculated assuming zero over spray. The typical deer farmer, with an ATV sprayer will almost dbl spray trying his best not to miss a spot. Therefore, a lower percent rather than a higher percent is all that's needed. 2 to 3 ozs per gallon is recommended, 2 for light kill and 3 for harder to kill stuff. If your overlap spraying from an ATV, 2oz is plenty because your actually putting down dbl that. But.... maybe others are not like me. But considering I live an hour from my plots, I don't want to miss anything, therefore, I overlap spray

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Is anyone actually using the brand name Roundup anymore?

I buy the generic at Tractor Supply for $50 for 2.5 gallon. Same stuff

Also Dawn dish soap works very well as a surfactant

Rebel 3

I

I was buying the cheap glyphosate 41% at tractor supply and they now have the same thing at home depot online for even less. It is free shipping. I ordered another 2 1/2 gallon jug a couple weeks ago.

K80Shooter

What I got at Tractor Supply already has the surfactant in it. It's 2.5 gal. also.

I'll try using Dawn in the Crossbow I have. (by the way, Crossbow works really well for broadleaf and brushy plants)

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

I "heard" you can also use well strained vegetable oil or new veggie oil also.I haven't put it to a test yet.It has to do with binding the chemical to the carriers at very small sizes.Emusifacations etc.NCHB will know better than me.I have used dawn as well as other dish soaps. The foaming is what made me go back to a true surfactent.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
These labels are in theory only. What I mean is this. A farmer does not over/overlap spray. They don't waste chemicals. These 50 + feet booms only have the chance of over lap spray slightly once every 50feet. In theory, the label, it's calculated assuming zero over spray. The typical deer farmer, with an ATV sprayer will almost dbl spray trying his best not to miss a spot. Therefore, a lower percent rather than a higher percent is all that's needed. 2 to 3 ozs per gallon is recommended, 2 for light kill and 3 for harder to kill stuff. If your overlap spraying from an ATV, 2oz is plenty because your actually putting down dbl that. But.... maybe others are not like me. But considering I live an hour from my plots, I don't want to miss anything, therefore, I overlap spray
Thats what they make marking fluid for. It gets expensive though $ 29.99 per bottle and my eyes aren't as good as they once were.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
What I got at Tractor Supply already has the surfactant in it. It's 2.5 gal. also.

I'll try using Dawn in the Crossbow I have. (by the way, Crossbow works really well for broadleaf and brushy plants)

How much are you paying for crossbow?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Yes because that's what the TSC in Lagrange had in stock a month ago.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Just an FYI.... Its about how much chemical you are putting down. My ATV sprayer uses 25 gallon to spray a 3/4 acre.My hand held only does maybe 500 sf.
The best practice is to make a dry run with you equipment and adjust the chemical to the sf sprayed.Fine mist will get a more complete coverage than large droplets and cover more s.f. with the same amount of water.