Spreaders

camo93

spreader

That looks to be hardcore to me.. WOW what a load capacity...

35ft spread makes for quick work.. It's a bit much for me but if you have acreas to work, then I think this spreader would come in handy..

Brad

cfbutler31

i have not had any luck with spreading powdered lime in a spreader like that, i have not personally used that one, but i would imagine the principle is the same with all spreaders of that kind. a chain mat on the floor of a spreader that works much like a conveyor belt is the best spreader for powdered lime, the only way that spreader would not cause you more grief than good working lime like that is if the hole is huge on the bottom, and i would still bet the lime wins, better to stick to pellatized.

HardCoreHunter

The story I got is that this spreader has a shaker in it so the powdered lime would work. I haven't seen spreaders like this work with powdered lime either, but I guess if built right they could work. Maybe someone here has used one?

FootLongDawg

amen cfButler31...These don't spread powdered lime worth a flip. Found out the hard way after loading a 400lb hopperwith powdered lime. Ended up shoveling it out of the hopper

gadeerwoman

Forget spreading powdered lime by itself in it. It won't work well. If you mix the powdered lime with sand or fertilizer it works pretty good but just powdered lime by itself....it packs down and won't spread worth a hoot.

Kdog

I saw a wagon type spreader at the harware store in Commerce over the weekend that would work. It is a pull behind style, that has a rubber mat conveyor. Think the load capacity was 400#. It ran in the $500 range. If you want more info (where to find it) let me know, and I will let you know. Can't remember off the top of my head.

Kdog

GAMHUNTER35

I Only Use The Pull Behind Spreader That The Lime Company Lets Me Use . You Can Pull It With A 4 By 4 Truck. It Holds About 2 Tons Which Is All I Need At 1 Time.

SWAMPFOX

Gamhunter 35

I got an SWB '88 GMC. I got a class 3 hitch with a 2" ball. Is that enough to pull one of those lime wagons or does it require a more massive hitch set up? Thanks.