Springfield 1911 Lubricant Question

Thread starter #1
This has gotta be is a pretty basic or elementary question for members of this forum but here goes anyway.

I have a Springfield Stainless 1911 Range Officer and would appreciate recommendations for the best lubricants or greases to use after cleaning? I understand that a lubricant is much more important with the 1911 vs a Glock. So I wanna use the best. I keep reading a lot of info on the internet. Recommendations are all over the map and confusing.

Thanks for your help!

transfixer

You're probably going to get a dozen different answers, but I'll throw one out there that's been around a while, Gunslick , it has been around forever, comes in a small silver tube, its a graphite lubricant, I especially like to use it on new pistols, it seems to help them break in, there are plenty of new Teflon/dry/wet/gel/various other lubricants out there, but everytime I've cleaned someone elses pistol and put Gunslick on the contact points, they always say how much smoother it cycles.

Chase4556

Like transfixer said, there is a multitude of things you can use. Good ol' Hoppes gun oil, Gunslick, Frog Lube, 10w30 motor oil(new of course), Kroil... the list goes on. I've tried using a grease, but I find it attracts much more dirt and carbon than an oil will.

Keep her lubed with SOMETHING and it will run. Those range officers are nice pistols.